113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Commercial Eviction In Croydon, Greater London

How To Evict A Commercial Tenant In Croydon, Greater London

If you own some commercial properties in Croydon, there are several reasons why you may consider taking your premises back, the commonest reason is a breach of the lease terms by the tenants, and lack of proper Croydon property maintenance, payment default, constituting nuisance to the community, and subletting the premises without your permission are some outstanding reasons why you may consider the eviction option.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

In Croydon, Greater London, Claiming Ownership

The process of regaining possession of your Croydon property which may still be occupied by a tenant is known as 'forfeiture'.

However, you can only forfeit the lease if there is a specific clause permitting you to do so.

It is advisable to contain such a clause for all commercial leases in Greater London as your powers as a landlord will be severely restricted without it.

With the forfeit right in Croydon, you can do these things:

Peaceful Re-entry In Croydon

Through this channel you enter the premises in Caterham, Warlingham, or New Addington and change the locks.

However, this is a dangerous option because the tenant may seek "relief from forfeiture", meaning the tenant will take back the possession and claim any loss in the illegal eviction in Croydon, lay a claim for compensation in court in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Applying For Possession In Croydon In Court

This is the commonly preferred method in Croydon, the downside is that, like any court case, it may be expensive and time consuming so it should only be used after all else has failed.

Usually, the often chosen will depend on the reason for forfeiting the tenant.

Overdue Rent In Greater London's Croydon

In case of pending dues in Croydon, you can simply enter the premises and you don't need to serve a notice of forfeiture to the tenant.

You'd be causing damage to your right to forfeit if you considered sending a reminder to the tenant of any overdue rent in Croydon, after that you won't be able to forfeit unless the next rent payment is missed.

You can simply leave a notice of repossession on the door of the property in New Addington, Warlingham, or Caterham and don't forget to bring a witness with you, a solicitor or a locksmith.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Violation Of Other Rent Terms In Croydon, Greater London

You must first deliver a warning under section 146 before you can take possession of the property in Croydon for any other violations.

All parties, such as any mortgagee, subtenant and tenant in Greater London should be served the notice by your solicitor.

It must indicate the essence of the violation in Croydon and whether it needs rectifying effort within a sensible time or the payment of reimbursement.

If the violation has not been resolved or if the settlement has not been paid as stated, then the process of forfeiture may begin.

Breach Of The Repair Condition In Croydon, Greater London

There are more rules in Croydon associated with the breach of repair.

These clauses give the tenant in Caterham, New Addington, or Warlingham a chance to come to statutory protection.

In case you leaseholder in Croydon applies for the statutory protection, (to be completed within 28 days upon receiving a Sec. 146 order notice), may opt for a preliminary permission claim in court in Greater London before moving to the next step.

The landowner may evade this in case the tenancy contains a clause allowing them to move into the Croydon premises to rectify any damages and later on ask for reimbursement of the incurred expenses from the tenant in terms of a debt.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Procedure For The Court Trial In Croydon, Greater London

For the possession, through the court, you have to file an application in the county court in Greater London.

You must complete some standard claim forms and in Croydon you can submit them online.

Moreover, the landlord has to provide the notice in the presence of the Solicitor to the tenant in Croydon.

You should constantly receive legal advice on this as it is a complicated area of law, and errors can be expensive and slow down your reclaiming in New Addington, Caterham, or Warlingham.

Tenants' Relief From Forfeiture In Croydon In Greater London

Your occupant can apply to court in Greater London for comfort from forfeiture if specific requirements are fulfilled.

However, the tenant doesn't have an automatic right to get the relief and the court will decide whether they deserve the relief, but they will be able to occupy the Croydon premises if the court grants them some relief.

The tenant in Croydon is advised to apply for this straight away after receiving the section 146 notice as they can be penalised for any unnecessarily delayed time.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Croydon, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.