113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Commercial Eviction In Eastbourne In East Sussex

Eviction Of Commercial Tenants In Eastbourne, East Sussex

Some commercial landlord wants to take back possession of their premises in Eastbourne for one or two reasons, the most common being situations where the tenant is breaching the lease terms such as, not keeping the premises in Eastbourne in good repair, not paying rent, being a nuisance to neighbours, and many more.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Regaining Possession In Eastbourne In East Sussex

Forfeiture refers to regaining possession of your property in Eastbourne as a landlord when a tenant has occupied it.

Nevertheless, you can only lose the rent if there is a sentence in the rent allowing you to do so.

Every commercial lease in East Sussex should have such a clause in your tenancy agreement that would increase your chances of taking back possession of your premises.

With the forfeit right in Eastbourne, you can do these things:

Peaceful Re-entry In Eastbourne

Through this channel you enter the premises in Polegate, Seaford, or Willington and change the locks.

However, this is a risky move, as the tenant may apply to the East Sussex court for a 'relief from forfeiture' and if this has been found to be true, then the tenant will regain possession of the property in Eastbourne and receive compensation for a problem that occurred during the process.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Using The Court For Possession In Eastbourne

This is generally the preferred route in Eastbourne, although it can be costly and time-consuming, as with any court proceedings, and it should only be considered a last resort.

The path you choose constantly relies on the purpose of the reclaiming.

Pending Rents In Eastbourne, East Sussex

If the reason is that the tenant is not paying the rent in Eastbourne, you can choose to re-enter the premises option without giving notice of the plan.

It is imperative that you don't give the tenant a reminder of the overdue rent in Eastbourne, otherwise, you may lose your right to forfeit because of acknowledgement, and if that happens, you are at the mercy of the tenant because you are helpless until the tenant default on the next rent payment.

You must leave a repossession notice on the premise door in Polegate, Seaford, or Willington which should be done while in the company of either a locksmith or your solicitor who acts as the witness.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Breaking Other Lease Terms In Eastbourne In East Sussex

In the event that other agreements have been violated, first of all, you may have to serve Sec. 146 notice before taking back ownership of your property in Eastbourne.

Your solicitor must serve the notice to all interested parties, including the tenant, any subtenant, and any mortgagee in East Sussex.

It must define the extent of the violation in Eastbourne and whether, within a reasonable time, this needs remedial action or monetary pay-out.

If the compensation is not done or any violations not resolved, then you can exercise the forfeit.

Breach Of Conditions For Repair In Eastbourne In East Sussex

Additional rulings in Eastbourne are applied to notices that involve breaches in the failing to maintain property conditions.

There have been cases in which the landlord is required to offer the tenant in Seaford, Polegate, or Willington the chance to claim for statutory protection.

When the tenant in Eastbourne uses this protection, they must respond within 28 days of getting a section 146 notice and the landlord must get a preliminary claim from the court in East Sussex before taking any further action.

These circumstances can be avoided if there is a relevant clause in the lease which enables the owner of the premises in Eastbourne to repossess and claim any costs of damages and costs incurred from debt.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

The Court Procedure In East Sussex's Eastbourne

If you want to carry out forfeiture, you must make an application for possession in the East Sussex county court to start the court procedure.

You must complete the claim forms, in Eastbourne you can also submit the claim forms online in some courts.

Then, the claim forms will have to be sent to the Eastbourne tenant normally by the solicitor within a certain time frame.

It is advised to ask for legal advice during this process because it is complicated, and any slip-ups can cause a costly delay in the proceedings in Seaford, Polegate, or Willington.

Tenants' Relief From Forfeiture In Eastbourne, East Sussex

For forfeiture, an application can be made in court in East Sussex assuming particular conditions are met.

A tenants is not entitled straight away, the permission to live will be granted by the court and the tenant will then live in the premises in Eastbourne under the same lease contract.

After receiving a section 146 notice an application must be filed by the Eastbourne tenant as soon as possible otherwise they will be convicted to a penalty for unnecessary delay.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Eastbourne, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.