113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Commercial Eviction In South Yorkshire's South Yorkshire

How To Evict A Commercial Tenant In South Yorkshire In South Yorkshire

As a landlord of commercial property in South Yorkshire, there are many grounds why you may want to take back custody of your premises, the most prominent being where the tenant is in default of their conditions of lease; such as not paying rent, not maintaining the South Yorkshire premises in good repair, being a hazard to neighbours or transferring or subordinating the premises without your permission.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Claiming Ownership In South Yorkshire's South Yorkshire

The process of regaining possession of your South Yorkshire property which may still be occupied by a tenant is known as 'forfeiture'.

Nevertheless, you can only lose the rent if there is a sentence in the rent allowing you to do so.

Without such a clause in the lease, then the landlord is prohibited by the law against evicting the commercial tenant in South Yorkshire under no circumstance whatsoever.

Where you have the right to forfeit in South Yorkshire, this can be done in one of two methods:

Peaceful Re-entry In South Yorkshire

In this scenario, you replace all the locks at the property in Sheffield, Barnsley, or Rotherham.

This technique is risky considering that the leaseholder may request for forfeiture relief in a South Yorkshire court of law to get back ownership and demand for reimbursement for the loss that may have been incurred following unlawful eviction in South Yorkshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Applying To Court For Possession In South Yorkshire

It is advisable to go about the commercial eviction processes by applying to the court, though it may take time and may cost money, it is the preferred method in South Yorkshire.

The reasons for getting back possession may influence the route you take.

Overdue Rent In South Yorkshire's South Yorkshire

There is no need of notifying your tenants of your forfeiture plans for rent arrears in South Yorkshire due to the fact you have the rights to re-enter your premises.

You must not perform anything to admit the continuation of the occupancy in South Yorkshire, such as prompt the occupant of any outstanding lease, as this may result to the disclaimer of your right to forfeit and you will have to stay till the subsequent lease fee is skipped.

It is recommended that you drop a notice of repossession at the front door of the property in Sheffield, Barnsley, or Rotherham in the presence of a witness such as a locksmith, or even your solicitor is recommended.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Breach Of Other Lease Terms In South Yorkshire In South Yorkshire

In case other terms have been broken, you will have to first give a section 146 notice prior to regaining possession of your South Yorkshire premises.

Your solicitor should serve mortgagee, the tenant, and other subtenants, if possible in South Yorkshire.

The specific nature of the breach in South Yorkshire must be specified in the notice and it should also indicate whether payment of compensation is necessary.

If these demands are not met, then the property you can continue to forfeit the lease.

Breach Of The Repair Condition In South Yorkshire In South Yorkshire

When a breach of repair is involved, other rules must be taken into consideration in South Yorkshire.

There are some instances where you might be compelled to offer your tenant in Rotherham, Sheffield, or Barnsley the chance to claim statutory protection.

If the tenant in South Yorkshire demands this protection, which they must do within 4 weeks of receiving a section 146 notice, the property owner must make an initial claim asking for permission from the court in South Yorkshire prior acting further.

This can be avoided if the lease has a clause which entitles the property owner to gain access to the premise in South Yorkshire to correct any repair defect and claim any costs from the tenant that were incurred back as unsettled bills.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Procedures Of The Court In South Yorkshire In South Yorkshire

The court forfeiture procedure begins by applying for possession in the county court in South Yorkshire.

The landlord must complete standard claim forms where in some courts, in South Yorkshire the forms of submission can be done online.

The Claim Forms would be served on the tenant(s) in South Yorkshire by the landlord's solicitor within a strict timeframe.

You must seek legal advice as mistakes at this stage can be costly and the possession through court is a complex procedure, your claim for possession in Rotherham, Barnsley, or Sheffield can be delayed by any misconduct.

Tenants' Relief From Forfeiture In South Yorkshire In South Yorkshire

Under some conditions, your tenant has the right to apply for relief from forfeiture from the court in South Yorkshire.

However, the tenant does not have an automatic right; this is a discretionary remedy available to the court, but they may still be able to occupy the premises in South Yorkshire under their existing lease if granted.

The tenant in South Yorkshire should apply immediately they receive a section 146 notice since they will be penalized if found to have delayed intentionally.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in South Yorkshire, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.