113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Commercial Eviction In Stevenage, Hertfordshire

Commercial Tenant Removal In Hertfordshire's Stevenage

Being the owner of marketable property in Stevenage, there are numerous motives why you may want to take back the ownership of your property, the most familiar being where your occupant violates their rent terms; such as, not maintaining the Stevenage premises in good form, not paying lease, being an annoyer to neighbours and or appointing or subletting the premises without your permission.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Regaining Possession In Hertfordshire's Stevenage

Forfeiture is the process of taking back ownership of your premises in Stevenage when held by a tenant.

Nevertheless, the lease can only be given up by the tenant if the agreement states a particular clause which lets them do so.

All commercial rents in Hertfordshire should include such a sentence as without it your authority as the owner is hardly restrained.

Your power to forfeit in Stevenage can be enforced via 2 methods:

Peaceful Re-entering In Stevenage

This entails you successfully enter the property in Stevenage, Hitchin, or Letchworth Garden City and switch the locks.

However, this is a risky move, as the tenant may apply to the Hertfordshire court for a 'relief from forfeiture' and if this has been found to be true, then the tenant will regain possession of the property in Stevenage and receive compensation for a problem that occurred during the process.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Possession In Stevenage Through Court

This is the typical method used in Stevenage, you can use the help of the court and the court will provide you with possession orders, however, this method is lengthy and costly.

Consider the reason why you want to repossess the property when contemplating the ideal route to take.

Non-payment Of Rent In Stevenage, Hertfordshire

If non-payment of rent is the reason behind the eviction process in Stevenage, you can re-enter the premises without notifying your tenant your decision to forfeit.

It is advised not to give notice of any overdue rent, as doing such an action will give away your right to forfeit the property in the moment in Stevenage, and you would need to wait until the next failed payment of rent before you can then forfeit the property again.

It is recommended that you drop a notice of repossession at the front door of the property in Stevenage, Letchworth Garden City, or Hitchin in the presence of a witness such as a locksmith, or even your solicitor is recommended.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Breach Of Other Terms Of Lease In Hertfordshire's Stevenage

Before repossession of a property in Stevenage, landlords must first serve the tenant a Notice Section 146 prior to taking the premises' possession.

Your lawyer is supposed to serve all the involved parties in Hertfordshire like any mortgagees, subtenants as well as the tenant with the notice.

The specific nature of the breach in Stevenage must be specified in the notice and it should also indicate whether payment of compensation is necessary.

If the violation has not be rectified or reimbursed as stated, you may move on with your forfeiture plans of the tenancy.

Repair Condition Violation In Stevenage In Hertfordshire

There are extra laws in Stevenage that apply for notices relating to breaches of repair.

In some instances, you may be expected to provide the occupant in Stevenage, Hitchin, or Letchworth Garden City with the opportunity to claim legal protection.

The rule is that a tenant in Stevenage seeking this claim must do so within 28 days of a Notice of Section 146 and the landlord must get a preliminary claim with the court in Hertfordshire's consensus.

However, if the landlord enshrined a clause in the lease that entitles the landlord to rectify any defect of repair and claim the cost from the tenant by going into the Stevenage premises, the claim can be avoided.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

The Court Procedure In Hertfordshire's Stevenage

This procedure involves making an application for possession in the county court in Hertfordshire.

It is necessary to complete standard claim forms, which in Stevenage can now be submitted online in some courts.

The claim forms must then be served to the Stevenage tenant through your solicitor, within a strict time-frame.

You should constantly receive legal advice on this as it is a complicated area of law, and errors can be expensive and slow down your reclaiming in Stevenage, Hitchin, or Letchworth Garden City.

Tenant's Relief From Eviction In Hertfordshire's Stevenage

In some specific conditions, your tenant can apply for relief from forfeiture in the court in Hertfordshire.

However, the tenant does not have an automatic right; this is a discretionary remedy available to the court, but they may still be able to occupy the premises in Stevenage under their existing lease if granted.

A tenant in Stevenage who has received a section 146 notice must make an application as soon as they can since they'll be fined if discovered to have delayed intentionally.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Stevenage, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.