113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction That Is Commercial In Swindon In Wiltshire

How To Evict A Commercial Tenant In Swindon In Wiltshire

Your tenant is probably not paying rent on time, disturbing other tenants, tempering with the Swindon premise or in breach of other lease terms like subletting your premises without your knowledge, these are some of the reasons a landlord may want to evict their commercial tenants and regain possession of their property in Swindon.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Regaining Possession In Swindon In Wiltshire

The Claiming possession of premise in Swindon, while it is still occupied by the tenant, is known as 'forfeiture'.

The lease can only be forfeited if there is a specific condition mentioned in the agreement that allows you to do so.

It's recommended that every commercial lease to have such a lease because without it the powers of property owners in Wiltshire will be restricted severely.

With the forfeit right in Swindon, you can do these things:

Peaceable Re-entry In Swindon

This entails gaining entrance into the property in Melksham, Calne, or Devizes and replacing the locks.

It is even more dangerous because the tenant can go to court in Wiltshire for 'relief from foreclosure' where the tenant takes possession back and demands redress for damages arising from unlawful eviction in Swindon.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Using The Court For Possession In Swindon

This is the preferred method in Swindon as this follows correct court procedures, although it can be more lengthy and costly and this should be the last resort.

Routes greatly rely on repossession reasons.

Rent Arrears In Wiltshire's Swindon

For non-payment of the lease in Swindon, you're not expected to provide any information about your purpose to forfeit; you can just go ahead to repossess your property.

Reminding the tenant of any overdue rent is unnecessary as acknowledging continuance of the tenancy in Swindon because this will lead to a waiver of your right to forfeit and will be required to wait the tenant misses the next payment of rent.

Ensure you go with a third-party before you leave a notice of repossession on the tenant's door in Calne, Melksham, or Devizes, such as your solicitor or a locksmith.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Breach Of Other Lease Terms In Swindon In Wiltshire

For any other violations, you must first perform a section 146 notification before you can take back the ownership of the building in Swindon.

The landlord's solicitor will serve the notice to all the interested parties, such as the tenant(s), the subtenant(s), and the mortgagee(s) in Wiltshire.

The notice should state the kind of breach in Swindon and if it can be resolved within a given time or compensation payment.

If the violation has not been resolved or if the settlement has not been paid as stated, then the process of forfeiture may begin.

Breach Of Repair Condition In Wiltshire's Swindon

If the tenant broke any other lease terms in Swindon, there are other rules as specified by law.

There are some instances where you might be compelled to offer your tenant in Devizes, Melksham, or Calne the chance to claim statutory protection.

This protection needs to be sought by the Swindon tenant within the stipulated 28 days of receiving the Section 146 notice, it is mandatory that the landlord make a preliminary claim for permission from the court in Wiltshire before making any further moves.

These circumstances can be avoided if there is a relevant clause in the lease which enables the owner of the premises in Swindon to repossess and claim any costs of damages and costs incurred from debt.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Court Process In Swindon In Wiltshire

If you want to carry out forfeiture, you must make an application for possession in the Wiltshire county court to start the court procedure.

The landlord must complete standard claim forms, which in Swindon can now be submitted online.

Moreover, the landlord has to provide the notice in the presence of the Solicitor to the tenant in Swindon.

This is a complex area of law, and any mistakes can delay your repossession in Melksham, Devizes, or Calne and be costly, so you need to take legal advice.

Tenants' Relief From Forfeiture In Swindon In Wiltshire

For forfeiture, an application can be made in court in Wiltshire assuming particular conditions are met.

This is not an automatic privilege; it is a process where the court will determine the rights and if successful, the tenant may be granted to stay in the premises in Swindon under the current lease agreement.

A tenant in Swindon who has received a section 146 notice must make an application as soon as they can since they'll be fined if discovered to have delayed intentionally.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Swindon, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.