113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Barking, Greater London With Denbigh Franks

We agree that in Barking, Greater London, evicting a tenant can be a daunting task especially when it comes to the legal formalities and you will need to follow the legal process through Denbigh Franks's following steps.

This post deals with Greater London Assured Shorthold Tenancies including both tenancies that are for a fixed term in Barking, that are continue for a definite time period, and tenancies that are periodic in Cranbrook, that are run without any predetermined end date and can be weekly or monthly.

Step One: Give The Tenant In Greater London Notice Of Eviction In Barking

If you want the property in Loughton, Cranbrook, or Barking back after the end of a fixed term, then give the occupants in Barking a Section 21 notice.

In case they've broken the terms and conditions of tenancy agreement in Greater London's Barking, you can simply send them a Section 8 notice.

Depending on the terms of the agreement in Barking, the notice may vary from just two weeks to two months.

Generally, in Barking you will have to give 2 months' notice, however, there are also few exceptions e.g. when the tenant in Cranbrook has been using the property for less than 6 months or if the property in Barking is an HMO without a license.

Moreover, you may use a Greater London's Barking Professional Notice Servers service in Cranbrook, Barking, or Loughton to ensure that your tenants get the notice.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step Two: Go For A Possession Order With Denbigh Franks In Barking, Greater London

After you've notified your occupants in Barking and they refuse to pack out, then your next course of action in Loughton, Barking, or Cranbrook, is to go to court and request a Standard Possession Order.

This costs £325 in Greater London's Barking.

In case you are not clamming any rent arrears in Barking, Greater London from the tenant, you can apply for an Accelerated Possession Order costing £355 in Barking, Loughton, or Cranbrook, and its quicker because it doesn't involve a court hearing.

You will need to visit the County Court in Barking, Greater London and fill a form.

The Greater London court will then send a copy to the tenants in Loughton, Cranbrook, or Barking, who will have to respond within 14 days.

However, the judge in Barking may extend this period in case the tenant is in serious problem.

Step 3: Get Denbigh Franks To Seek A Warrant For Possession In Barking, Greater London

After taking all the above-mentioned steps, the tenants in Barking, Loughton, or Cranbrook, maintain they will not leave then you have one remaining option left: Applying for a Possession Warrant in Greater London.

In these scenarios, Denbigh Franks bailiffs evict the tenants from the property in Cranbrook, Loughton, or Barking and it will cost £121.

In order to accelerate the process, you may require transferring the case to the High Court from the Greater London County Court and a High Court enforcement agent from Denbigh Franks will conduct the eviction.

This is predominant in Barking, Greater London, when your claims are more than £600 after removing the court costs.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Barking, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.