113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Can Help With Evicting A Tenant In Barnsley, South Yorkshire

Evicting a Barnsley tenant in South Yorkshire, UK can be complicated, but there are steps from Denbigh Franks to follow if you want to do that legally.

Denbigh Franks's guidance covers guaranteed shorthold stocks in South Yorkshire, including 'periodic' holdings in Ardsley (run week by week or month by month with no defined end date) and Carlecotes long-term holdings (run for a set amount of time).

Step 1: Provide With Eviction Notice In Barnsley, South Yorkshire

A Section 21 Notice is served in South Yorkshire to inform the occupant in Barnsley that you are seeking to regain property possession at the fixed-term tenancy's end or during 'periodic' tenancy with no fixed end date.

In case you find that they have broken the tenancy terms in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, then send Section 8 notice.

Notice in Barnsley can differ from 2 months to 2 weeks based on the occupancy agreement.

In general in South Yorkshire's Barnsley, you will need to give a two months notice, but there are some exceptions, for example, if the property in Carlecotes is an HMO that doesn't have a license, or if the tenant in Ardsley has been in the property not up to six months, etc.

If you want to make sure that the notice is delivered to the Barnsley, South Yorkshire tenant, you can consider using the Barnsley, Carlecotes, or Ardsley professional notice server's service.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: In Barnsley, South Yorkshire, Obtain A Possession Order From Denbigh Franks

If you send a warning to the tenant in Ardsley, Barnsley, or Carlecotes but they still don't walk out, you would have to go to court in Barnsley to request for a regular possession order.

In Barnsley, South Yorkshire, £325 is the cost.

If you want to move the process quicker in Barnsley, Ardsley, or Carlecotes, you can apply for Accelerated Possession Order in Barnsley, South Yorkshire, especially if you have no unpaid rent (it costs £325) to claim.

Fill out the form at the County Court of Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

A copy of this form will be forwarded by the South Yorkshire courts to the tenants in Ardsley, Carlecotes, or Barnsley, who must reply under 14 days.

Then the judge has the authority to give more time to a tenant in Barnsley if he/she is encountering a complicated situation.

Step 3: In Barnsley, South Yorkshire, Claim For A Possession Warrant With Denbigh Franks

This step is to guide you in case the Ardsley, Barnsley, or Carlecotes tenants have defied the steps provided above, where the final solution is: You need to apply for a Warrant of Possession from the Court in South Yorkshire.

In this scenario, the tenants in Ardsley, Carlecotes, or Barnsley, can be evacuated from your property by the bailiffs of Denbigh Franks, you would have to pay £121 for this.

In case you want the process to accelerate, you can ask for your case to get moved from the South Yorkshire County Court to the High Court so that a High Court officer from Denbigh Franks can take care of the eviction.

This can be done only if at least £600, with the inclusion of South Yorkshire court costs, would be claimed in Barnsley.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Barnsley, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.