113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

How To Conduct Tenant Evictions In Berkshire Without Attending Berkshire Court

1. Deciding On A Section 21 Or Section 8 Notice

You need to be legally prepared and aware if you want to evict your tenant in Berkshire, and if you want them to move out of your Thatcham, Newbury, or Hungerford property, you will need to send Section 21 or Section 8 notice under Housing Act 1988.

Section 21 is a notice of possession that is served to the Berkshire tenant by Denbigh Franks to provide them with a 'notice of possession'.

Meaning at the tenancy agreement that is fixed-term's end you can repossess your property in Berkshire's Berkshire, or trigger a break clause that is agreed.

If a legal notice of Section 21 is served in Berkshire, you are not liable to provide a reason when claiming possession.

Eviction notice under Section 8 needs grounds for eviction to be served in Berkshire, Berkshire.

For example, a tenant causes nuisance in Thatcham, not paying rent in Newbury or destroys property in Hungerford.

In case the tenancy agreement has been violated, the Berkshire landlord is well within his rights to end the agreement within the fixed duration.

However, if your tenant disagrees, the case would then be settled in Berkshire court and you may be required to produce a proof of the reason for evicting the tenant.

The notices are served for distinct reasons and they are totally independent, but you'd be able to get your Berkshire property back after these notices.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

2. Serving The Section 21 Possession Notice With Denbigh Franks

It's worth clarifying that the Section 21 Notice isn't an eviction notice, it is there to inform the tenant in Berkshire of your decision to take back your property in Hungerford, Newbury, or Thatcham at the end of the fixed-term tenancy agreement.

The first legal action is to give your tenant in Berkshire a minimum of two months' notice to vacate the Berkshire property once the tenancy period expires.

You can issue a Section 21 notice of possession in Berkshire, especially when a fixed term of tenancy expires, and the tenancy agreement provides a break clause that triggers.

You can provide it even when the Berkshire tenant has done nothing wrong and for recovering the Berkshire premise's vacant possession you don't have to give a reason.

However, a section 21 notice must be served well for you to be able to enforce it in Berkshire court.

The 2015 Deregulation Act instigated reforms on how lease agreements were going to be ended by serving a Sec. 21 notice.

The Act was only inclusive of Berkshire tenancy agreements on or after 01 October 2015.

However, it applies to all Berkshire tenancy agreements as from 1 October 2018.

Here are the key rules:

Denbigh Franks may not serve a Section 21 notice within the first four months of lease but, a property owner in Berkshire can at any given time within the new lease upon redemption of the lease following the end of an agreed period.

From the issue date, the Section 21 notice will only be valid for six months, however, another notice will need to be handed in case possession procedures in Berkshire, Berkshire aren't issued throughout the six-month period.

In case the tenant in Berkshire makes a genuine complaint concerning your property's condition and the Berkshire landlord fails to address the issue, the tenant has the right to contact the local housing authority; The section 21 notice will become invalid once the local housing authority issues a notice after a genuine complaint.

You need to make use of Form 6A in case you want to issue a Sec.21 notice.

The Section 21 is genuine only if the tenant in Berkshire is given the following at the time of renting:

A Gas Safety Certificate

An Energy Performance Certificate

At the start of every new tenancy, the tenants must be given "how to rent guide"

3. Denbigh Franks Can Provide A Section 8 Eviction Notice In Berkshire

When you have grounds to evict a tenant in Newbury, Thatcham, or Hungerford, you can begin the eviction process by issuing a notice from Section 8 requesting custody of the tenant in Berkshire.

Schedule 2 of the Housing Act 1988 mentions all the reasons for presenting a section 8 notice in Berkshire.

Some of the common grounds for eviction in Berkshire's Berkshire are:

Inability to pay rent

Destruction of property

Causing trouble

Before giving the Section 8 Notice to your tenant in Hungerford, Newbury, or Thatcham, endeavour to fill in a "Notice of a property let on an occupancy that is assured agricultural or an assured tenancy."

On the notice, you will have to mention the grounds for eviction in Berkshire and issue the notice two months or two weeks before depending on the terms you are using.

After issuing the formal eviction notice, if your tenants in Berkshire refuse to quit by the given date, you can go to court in Berkshire to get a possession order.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

4. Make A Possession Order In Berkshire, Berkshire

If your occupant in Berkshire refuses to leave after you have received a notice of removal with Denbigh Franks, you can act.

An Accelerated possession order is used if you serve a Section 21 notice, if you have a written agreement, and you don't claim any overdue rent in Berkshire.

The standard possession claim can be used in Berkshire when either a section 8 or a section 21 notice was served or you would wish to recover your property in Thatcham, Hungerford, or Newbury and as well as unpaid rent arrears.

If your tenant in Berkshire does not leave within the stipulated time, you have the right to instruct the Berkshire court bailiff to escort the tenant out of the property and can take four or more weeks depending on the court.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Berkshire, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.