113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Blackburn's Denbigh Franks Can Give Advice With Evicting A Tenant In Lancashire

A complex procedure needs to be followed in Blackburn, Lancashire in order to expel a tenant if you want to make it legal, so it is imperative you follow these Denbigh Franks steps.

This Denbigh Franks guide covers Periodic and Fixed-Term Tenancies in Blackburn that are Assured Shorthold Tenancies, so in the former, we cover tenancies that are run on a weekly or monthly basis while the latter covers tenancies for a specific period in Darwen and York.

Step 1: Send An Eviction Notice In Blackburn, Lancashire

Provide the tenant in York with a Section 21 notice once the fixed term has come to an end to gain back your property in Blackburn.

On the other hand, if the tenant in Lancashire's Blackburn has breached the terms of the tenancy, serve them a Section 8 notice.

Notices can differ dependent upon the tenancy agreement in York, which means it can be from 14 days up to 2 months.

Nevertheless, you are normally required to issue 8 weeks' notice, however, some situations in Blackburn are exempted, for instance, in Clitheroe, when the tenant has occupied the premises for less than 6 months or in York, the premises is an HMO and unlicensed.

If you want to make sure that the notice is delivered to the Blackburn, Lancashire tenant, you can consider using the Darwen, Clitheroe, or York professional notice server's service.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: With Assistance From Denbigh Franks Seek A Possession Order In Lancashire's Blackburn

After you notify the tenant in Blackburn, and he still does not leave, you will have to go to court in Clitheroe, York, or Darwen and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

The cost of this in Blackburn, Lancashire, is around £325.

If you are not having any claim in Blackburn, Lancashire, for unpaid rent, then you can also apply for an Accelerated Possession Order in Clitheroe, York, or Darwen, it is faster as there is no court hearing and it costs £355.

To apply for this order, you will need to fill a form at the County Court of Lancashire's Blackburn.

Then, the court in Lancashire will send a copy to the tenants and they will need to reply in a period of 14 days in York, Darwen, or Clitheroe.

The Blackburn judge can decide to prolong the period assuming that the tenant is going through a trying moment.

Step 3: In Blackburn, Lancashire, Apply For A Possession Warrant With Denbigh Franks's Aid

After going through the above two steps, if the tenant in Darwen, York, or Clitheroe refuses to evacuate, you can apply for a Warrant for Possession in the Lancashire court as the last step.

In this scenario, Enforcement agents from Denbigh Franks can go ahead and oust the occupants from your property in York, Clitheroe, or Darwen, which attracts a fee of £121.

If you still need to speed up the process ask the transfer of the case from the County Court of Lancashire to the High Court, and the High court enforcement officer of Denbigh Franks will ensure the eviction.

However, this option is only available if the amount you are claiming is greater than £600 inclusive of court costs in Blackburn, Lancashire.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Blackburn, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.