113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Offer Guidance In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge With Evicting A Tenant

Sometimes the ejection of a tenant in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire can be a complicated process, and you will have to follow Denbigh Franks's steps carefully to do it legally.

This post deals with Cambridgeshire Assured Shorthold Tenancies including both tenancies that are for a fixed term in Chippenham, that are continue for a definite time period, and tenancies that are periodic in Carlton, that are run without any predetermined end date and can be weekly or monthly.

Step 1: Provide With Eviction Notice In Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

If you don't want to rent out your property in Chippenham at the expiration of a rent period, serve the Cambridge tenant a Section 21 notice.

Provide them with a section 8 notice in case they have broken the terms and agreements of the Cambridge, Cambridgeshire tenancy.

Depending on the tenancy agreement terms in Cambridge, notices can be issued from two weeks to two months.

The eviction notice in Cambridge is given two (2) months prior to the eviction in Cambridgeshire, except in cases where the Chippenham tenant violated or broke the terms of the tenancy, such as when the property in Cambridge in question is an HMO without a license or when the Carlton tenant has been in the property for under six (6) months.

A professional notice server in Cambridge, Cambridgeshire can be used to make certain your tenants in Carlton, Cambridge, or Chippenham are provided with the notice.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, Possession Order With Denbigh Franks

If the tenants, after receiving notice in Carlton, Chippenham, or Cambridge, still don't move out then you will have to approach the court of Cambridge and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

The cost of this order in Cambridgeshire's Cambridge, is 325 pounds.

In Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, you also have the opportunity to file for a Possession Order that is Accelerated if you are not claiming any rent that is unpaid in Carlton, Chippenham, or Cambridge, which costs £355.

You need to visit the County Court of Cambridge, Cambridgeshire to fill in a form.

A copy of this form will be forwarded by the Cambridgeshire courts to the tenants in Cambridge, Chippenham, or Carlton, who must reply under 14 days.

However, if the tenant in Cambridge is going through some difficulties, the judge has the prerogative to extend the response period.

Step 3: Request For Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks In Cambridge, Cambridgeshire

If the occupants in Cambridge, Chippenham, or Carlton still feel reluctant to move out after you've followed the procedures above, there is one last option: Sending an application to the Cambridgeshire court of law for a Warrant for Possession.

This would mean that the tenants in Carlton, Cambridge, or Chippenham will be forced to move out by the bailiffs of Denbigh Franks, and the cost of this step is 121 pounds.

To have speedy proceedings, you can ask the Cambridgeshire County Court to transfer your case to the High Court, then the eviction will be carried out by a Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement officer.

You can choose this option if you want to claim more than £600 from the tenant, and this should include Cambridgeshire court costs in Cambridge.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Cambridge, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.