113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Can Help With Evicting A Tenant In Carlisle, Cumbria

Evicting a Carlisle tenant in Cumbria, UK can be complicated, but there are steps from Denbigh Franks to follow if you want to do that legally.

Denbigh Franks will be looking at Carlisle's Assured Shorthold Tenancies, which includes Sunderland fixed-term tenancies (which is for a specific period) and Carlisle 'Periodic Tenancies' (which has no set timeframe and may run monthly or weekly) in this guide.

Step One: Give The Tenant In Cumbria Notice Of Eviction In Carlisle

The first and foremost step in Carlisle is to send Section 21 notice after the fixed term in Carlisle is over.

Provide them with a section 8 notice in case they have broken the terms and agreements of the Carlisle, Cumbria tenancy.

Notice in Carlisle can differ from 2 months to 2 weeks based on the occupancy agreement.

In general in Cumbria's Carlisle, you will need to give a two months notice, but there are some exceptions, for example, if the property in Castlerigg is an HMO that doesn't have a license, or if the tenant in Sunderland has been in the property not up to six months, etc.

You can use a Cumbria professional notice server service in Carlisle to ensure your tenants receive the notice on time in Castlerigg, Sunderland, or Carlisle.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Look For A Possession Order In Carlisle, Cumbria With Denbigh Franks's Help

You have the right to apply for a Standard Possession Order in the Carlisle court if the tenant of Sunderland, Castlerigg, or Carlisle doesn't leave the property even after receiving the notice.

In Carlisle, Cumbria, this would cost you £325.

An Accelerated Possession Order in Cumbria's Carlisle, can be obtained from court if you are not claiming any unsettled rent in Sunderland, Carlisle, or Castlerigg, at a cost of £355 which is easy since it does not involve court hearing.

You only need to visit the Carlisle, Cumbria's County Court and fill a form.

Tenants in Carlisle, Sunderland, or Castlerigg, will then receive a copy from the Cumbria court and will need to reply within 14 days.

That term may be prolonged by the judge in Carlisle if the client is in serious difficulty.

Instruction 3: In Cumbria's Carlisle, Ask For A Warrant For Possession From Denbigh Franks

This should be your last resort: Applying for Warrant of Possession in Cumbria comes in handy when the other two steps (as discussed above) aren't forthcoming in Castlerigg, Carlisle, or Sunderland.

In this case, bailiffs from Denbigh Franks can get the tenants out of your property in Castlerigg, Sunderland, or Carlisle and it costs £121.

You can request to shift the case from County Court of Cumbria to High Court if you speed up the process, then the eviction will then be carried out by a Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement officer.

This can be done only if at least £600, with the inclusion of Cumbria court costs, would be claimed in Carlisle.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Carlisle, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.