113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

West Sussex's Denbigh Franks Provide Support With Evicting A Tenant In Crawley

Sometimes in West Sussex, it can be really difficult to evict a tenant and you're supposed to follow a legal process to get this done in Crawley, hence, Denbigh Franks have compiled a list of steps you can follow when evicting a tenant in UK.

This guide by Denbigh Franks discusses Tenancies in Crawley that are Assured Shorthold, both Horsham and Burgess Hill tenancies that are fixed-term and Tenancies that are 'Periodic'.

Instruction 1: Issue In Crawley, West Sussex Notice Of Eviction

If you want the property in Horsham, Haywards Heath, or Burgess Hill back after the end of a fixed term, then give the occupants in Crawley a Section 21 notice.

In case they've broken the terms and conditions of tenancy agreement in West Sussex's Crawley, you can simply send them a Section 8 notice.

Depending on the terms of tenancy agreements, notices can have a variation of 2 weeks to 2 months in Haywards Heath.

You must give a 2 months' notice in Crawley, West Sussex, but there exist some exceptions (like, if the tenant in Horsham for less than 6 months has been in the premises, if the premises in Haywards Heath is an unlicensed HMO, etc.).

If you want to make sure that the notice is delivered to the Crawley, West Sussex tenant, you can consider using the Haywards Heath, Burgess Hill, or Horsham professional notice server's service.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Get A Possession Order In West Sussex From The Crawley Court With Support From Denbigh Franks

Sometimes, some tenants won't vacate your property in Horsham, Burgess Hill, or Haywards Heath after serving them an eviction notice in Crawley, so when dealing with such a tenant, apply for a Standard Possession Order in court.

The cost of it in West Sussex's Crawley will be £325.

In Crawley, West Sussex, in case you're not claiming any unpaid rent in Haywards Heath, Horsham, or Burgess Hill, you can simply go for an Accelerated Possession Order that costs around £355 which will be resolved quickly because there is no court hearing involved.

At Crawley, West Sussex's County Court, apply for a possession order.

Tenants in Haywards Heath, Horsham, or Burgess Hill, will then receive a copy from the West Sussex court and will need to reply within 14 days.

The judge has the right to extend this period if the Crawley tenant is going through some serious problems.

Step Three: Get A Warrant For Possession In West Sussex's Crawley With Denbigh Franks

In case the Horsham, Haywards Heath, or Burgess Hill tenants still refuse to get out, in West Sussex you can apply for a Warrant for Possession.

In this scenario, the tenants in Horsham, Burgess Hill, or Haywards Heath, can be evacuated from your property by the bailiffs of Denbigh Franks, you would have to pay £121 for this.

You can ask your case to be transferred from the West Sussex County Court to the High Court to speed up the process, and a Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement officer will help you carry out the eviction.

You can choose this option if you want to claim more than £600 from the tenant, and this should include West Sussex court costs in Crawley.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Crawley, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.