113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Croydon's Denbigh Franks Can Give Advice With Evicting A Tenant In Greater London

Evicting a Greater London tenant can be a difficult process in Croydon, particularly when it comes to the legal formalities, so you will need to adhere to these steps from Denbigh Franks.

This Denbigh Franks guide covers Periodic and Fixed-Term Tenancies in Croydon that are Assured Shorthold Tenancies, so in the former, we cover tenancies that are run on a weekly or monthly basis while the latter covers tenancies for a specific period in Caterham and New Addington.

Step 1: Notify The Croydon Tenant About The Eviction In Greater London

Provide the tenant in New Addington with a Section 21 notice once the fixed term has come to an end to gain back your property in Croydon.

Let them have the Section 8 notice in Croydon, Greater London, in an instance where they have been broken the tenancy terms.

The issuance of notices is possible to be done from a minimum of two weeks and a maximum of two months depending on what the terms are in the tenancy agreement in Warlingham.

In general, though, a 2-month notice in Greater London is ideal, but here are some exceptions to this rule though, such as if the tenant in Caterham has been using the property for less than six months, if the property in Warlingham is a license-less HMO.

If you in Croydon want to ensure the notice is certainly received by your tenants in Greater London, you can enlist the services of Professional Notice Servers in Caterham, Warlingham, or New Addington.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Croydon, Greater London, Possession Order With Denbigh Franks

In most cases, the Caterham, New Addington, or Warlingham tenant doesn't move out even after the notice, then, in Croydon, you will have to apply for a Standard Possession Order from a court.

In Croydon, Greater London, this costs £325.

If you would not be placing any claims for unpaid rent in Greater London's Croydon, you can also submit an application for an Accelerated Possession Order in New Addington, Warlingham, or Caterham, which costs £355 and is not only fast but can also be done without any court hearing.

You just have to fill in a form at the County Court of Greater London's Croydon.

The Greater London court will distribute these copies to your tenants in New Addington, Caterham, or Warlingham who will then need to reply within two weeks.

This time can be extended only by the County Judge in Croydon in the event that the tenant is having serious difficulties.

Step 3: With Denbigh Franks's Assistance Submit An Application For A Warrant For Possession In Croydon, Greater London

After taking all the above-mentioned steps, the tenants in Warlingham, New Addington, or Caterham, maintain they will not leave then you have one remaining option left: Applying for a Possession Warrant in Greater London.

In this instance, you would pay £121 for the Denbigh Franks bailiffs to evict the tenant from Warlingham, Caterham, or New Addington.

If you want to speed up things, request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the Greater London County Court and an officer from the High Court from Denbigh Franks will handle the eviction.

But you can only be able to do this if you are having the claim of more than £600 including court costs in Croydon, Greater London.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Croydon, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.