113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh With Denbigh Franks

Evicting a Edinburgh tenant in City of Edinburgh, UK can be complicated, but there are steps from Denbigh Franks to follow if you want to do that legally.

This guide has to do with Assured Shorthold Tenancies in Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, both 'Periodic' Tenancies (which runs weekly, monthly, with no specific end date) and fixed-term tenancies (which runs for a fixed amount of time) in Edinburgh, Livingston, and Blyth.

Step 1: Send An Eviction Notice In Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh

Upon the completion of a fixed term in Edinburgh, if you would like to have your property back, send a Section 21 notice to your tenant in City of Edinburgh.

In case your Edinburgh tenants violate the terms of the lease in City of Edinburgh you need to give them Section 8 notice.

Notice in Livingston can differ from 2 months to 2 weeks based on the occupancy agreement.

You must give a 2 months' notice in Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, but there exist some exceptions (like, if the tenant in Edinburgh for less than 6 months has been in the premises, if the premises in Livingston is an unlicensed HMO, etc.).

To ensure that the City of Edinburgh's Edinburgh tenants receive eviction notices with ease, you can go for a Professional Notice Servers service in Edinburgh, Livingston, or Blyth.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Instruction 2: Seek Order For Possession From Edinburgh's Denbigh Franks In City of Edinburgh

You have the right to apply for a Standard Possession Order in the Edinburgh court if the tenant of Edinburgh, Blyth, or Livingston doesn't leave the property even after receiving the notice.

This costs £325 in City of Edinburgh's Edinburgh.

If you want to move the process quicker in Livingston, Edinburgh, or Blyth, you can apply for Accelerated Possession Order in Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, especially if you have no unpaid rent (it costs £325) to claim.

You would then fill and submit the form at the County Court of Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh.

The City of Edinburgh court will send the occupants in Edinburgh, Blyth, or Livingston, a copy where a reply will be required within 14 days.

That term may be prolonged by the judge in Edinburgh if the client is in serious difficulty.

Step 3: In Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh, Apply For A Possession Warrant With Denbigh Franks's Aid

This should be your last resort: Applying for Warrant of Possession in City of Edinburgh comes in handy when the other two steps (as discussed above) aren't forthcoming in Blyth, Livingston, or Edinburgh.

In this case, bailiffs from Denbigh Franks can get the tenants out of your property in Blyth, Edinburgh, or Livingston and it costs £121.

If you want to speed up things, request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the City of Edinburgh County Court and an officer from the High Court from Denbigh Franks will handle the eviction.

Remember, it is only possible, if you're claiming more the £600 City of Edinburgh court costs in Edinburgh.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Edinburgh, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.