113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Made Simple With Denbigh Franks

Sometimes, evicting a Harrogate, North Yorkshire tenant may be a difficult and problematic situation so, if you wish to do it lawfully, it is important that you follow Denbigh Franks's steps with caution.

Denbigh Franks's guidance covers guaranteed shorthold stocks in North Yorkshire, including 'periodic' holdings in Harrogate (run week by week or month by month with no defined end date) and Knaresborough long-term holdings (run for a set amount of time).

Step One: In Harrogate, North Yorkshire, Issue An Eviction Notice

After the fixed term in North Yorkshire ends, give your tenants in Ripon a Section 21 to have your property back.

But if they broke the terms of the tenancy in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, then you give them a Section 8 notice.

There are different types of notices, they can be two weeks to sixty days depending on the agreement as written in the Harrogate tenancy agreement.

However, there are some exclusions in North Yorkshire, for instance, when the building in Knaresborough is an HMO that does not have a license or when a tenant in Harrogate has occupied the property for less than 6 months.

Moreover, you may use a North Yorkshire's Harrogate Professional Notice Servers service in Ripon, Knaresborough, or Harrogate to ensure that your tenants get the notice.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step Two: Pursue A Harrogate, North Yorkshire Possession Order With Encouragement From Denbigh Franks

If your tenant in Ripon, Harrogate, or Knaresborough, doesn't move out after you give notice, then you need to go to a nearby court in Harrogate and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

The cost of this order in North Yorkshire's Harrogate, is 325 pounds.

In addition, you may also apply for an Accelerated Possession Order in Harrogate, Ripon, or Knaresborough, in case you are not claiming any rent that hasn't been paid and the cost in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, for this service is £355, and it is normally quicker since there isn't a court hearing.

You are required to complete a form at the County Court in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

The court in North Yorkshire sends a copy of the application to the Knaresborough, Harrogate, or Ripon tenant who is allowed to reply or lodge an objection within 14 days.

The judge can extend the period if the tenant in Harrogate is in serious condition.

Instruction 3: In North Yorkshire's Harrogate, Ask For A Warrant For Possession From Denbigh Franks

If the tenants in Harrogate, Ripon, or Knaresborough also refuse to leave despite taking the above measure, there is one final option: and that is to request to the North Yorkshire court for a warrant for possession.

In this instance, you would pay £121 for the Denbigh Franks bailiffs to evict the tenant from Knaresborough, Ripon, or Harrogate.

If you want this to happen faster, you can request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the North Yorkshire County Court; so that eviction can be done by a Denbigh Franks enforcement officer from the High Court.

However, this option is only available if the amount you are claiming is greater than £600 inclusive of court costs in Harrogate, North Yorkshire.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Harrogate, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.