113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

How To Ask For A Court Order In London For Tenant Evictions

As a landlord in Greater London, to make your tenants move out of your London property, you must follow the right procedures.

Processes For Different Types Of London Tenancy

Different procedures depend on the types of tenancy in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington, and will vary due to the terms and tenancy agreement.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Assured Shorthold Tenancies In London

You have two kinds of tenancies that are assured shorthold in London, Greater London, and they are:

Periodic tenancies in London - this run on a weekly or monthly basis without any fixed end date

London tenancies that are fixed-term - this type run for a fixed amount of time

You must stick to a fixed method if your Greater London occupants have a tenancy that is assured shorthold in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington.

1. You can give your tenants in Greater London a Section 21 notice if you want to possess the property in London after a fixed term end, and give your tenants a Section 8 notice if they flouted the terms of the tenancy.

2. Go to court in Greater London and ask for a standard possession order if your tenants in London owe you rent and fail to move out by the exact date on the notice, however, you can get an accelerated possession order from the court if you're not claiming any rent in arrears.

3. Request for a warrant for possession from the court if your tenants in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington refuse the pack out of your property in London after getting a court order - this will let bailiffs remove the tenants from your property.

Excluded Tenancies Or Licenses In London

If your tenants in London have an tenancy or license that is excluded, and they live with you, you do not need a court order to evict your tenants.

Give them 'notice that is reasonable' to quit.

A reasonable notice to quit means the length of the rental payment time, for example, if a tenant runs a weekly tenancy, you will have to give them a weeks' notice to quit.

Note that you need not put this notice in writing.

After the notice period, in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington, you can change the locks on their rooms even if their possessions are still in the rooms.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Assured And Regulated Leases In London, Greater London

If a Landlord has tenants in London who started their lease before 27 February 1997, they might still have a regulated or assured tenancy.

For this category of Greater London tenants, you must use other types of rules to evict them, also, these tenants have more extensive protection from eviction.

Tenants' Possessions In London, Greater London

Learn all you need to know and do if your tenants in London haven't taken their possessions in your property in Hackney, Kensington and Chelsea, or Islington.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

London Tenant Gets Housing Benefits And Owes Rent In Greater London

If you have tenants that owe you rent in London and gets Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, you may be able to receive the rent paid straight to you instead of evicting them.

If these organizations pay directly to you in Greater London, this is known as 'managed payments.

In London, ask for managed payments, if your tenant claims:

Universal Credit - apply to the Department for Work and Pensions

Housing Benefit - contact the local council in Greater London paying your tenants' benefits

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in London, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.