113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

In Islington, Greater London, Denbigh Franks Can Assist In Evicting A Tenant

We agree that in Islington, Greater London, evicting a tenant can be a daunting task especially when it comes to the legal formalities and you will need to follow the legal process through Denbigh Franks's following steps.

This guide will give you help from Denbigh Franks to evict Shorthold Tenancies in Islington, both tenancies that are fixed-term in Canonbury (run for a fixed amount of time) and 'periodic' Tenancies in Angel (that run month by month or week by week with an end date that isn't fixed).

Step 1: In Greater London's Islington, Provide Notice Of Eviction

If you want the property in Angel, Barnsbury, or Canonbury back after the end of a fixed term, then give the occupants in Islington a Section 21 notice.

On the other hand, if the tenant in Greater London's Islington has breached the terms of the tenancy, serve them a Section 8 notice.

Keep in mind that the Barnsbury notice can vary from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the terms of the tenancy agreement.

Except for some exempted situations in Angel, Barnsbury, or Canonbury, issuance of a notice of eviction will have to take place before two months in Islington, an example of an exempted situation can be your property being an HMO without any license or a tenant whose stay has been below six months in your owned land.

To make sure in Islington that your Greater London tenants get the notice, you can also avail the services in Angel, Canonbury, or Barnsbury of Professional Notice Servers.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: In Islington Apply For And Obtain A Greater London Standard Possession Order With Denbigh Franks

If you send a warning to the tenant in Angel, Barnsbury, or Canonbury but they still don't walk out, you would have to go to court in Islington to request for a regular possession order.

This order in Islington, Greater London, will cost you £325.

If you would not be placing any claims for unpaid rent in Greater London's Islington, you can also submit an application for an Accelerated Possession Order in Angel, Canonbury, or Barnsbury, which costs £355 and is not only fast but can also be done without any court hearing.

To apply for this order, you will need to fill a form at the County Court of Greater London's Islington.

The court in Greater London will then send a copy to the tenants in Barnsbury, Canonbury, or Angel, who will be required to respond within 14 days.

The aim of the order in Islington is to buoy the tenant in question to take the needed action of packing out.

Step 3: Application For A Warrant For Possession In Islington, Greater London, With Denbigh Franks's Advice

If the tenants in Angel, Barnsbury, or Canonbury also refuse to leave despite taking the above measure, there is one final option: and that is to request to the Greater London court for a warrant for possession.

In this instance, you would pay £121 for the Denbigh Franks bailiffs to evict the tenant from Canonbury, Barnsbury, or Angel.

In case you want the process to accelerate, you can ask for your case to get moved from the Greater London County Court to the High Court so that a High Court officer from Denbigh Franks can take care of the eviction.

This can be done only if at least £600, with the inclusion of Greater London court costs, would be claimed in Islington.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Islington, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.