113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Merton Based Denbigh Franks Can Aid With Evicting A Tenant In Greater London

Sometimes, evicting a Merton, Greater London tenant may be a difficult and problematic situation so, if you wish to do it lawfully, it is important that you follow Denbigh Franks's steps with caution.

This guide has to do with Assured Shorthold Tenancies in Merton, Greater London, both 'Periodic' Tenancies (which runs weekly, monthly, with no specific end date) and fixed-term tenancies (which runs for a fixed amount of time) in Morden, Mitcham, and Wimbledon.

Step 1: Notify The Merton Tenant About The Eviction In Greater London

At the end of the fixed term in Greater London, you can simply give a Section 21 notice to the tenants in Wimbledon if you don't want to keep them as tenants anymore.

Also, in case they have broken the terms of the tenancy in Greater London's Merton, you can also provide them with a Section 8 notice.

Keep in mind that the Mitcham notice can vary from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the terms of the tenancy agreement.

Generally, in Merton you will have to give 2 months' notice, however, there are also few exceptions e.g. when the tenant in Mitcham has been using the property for less than 6 months or if the property in Wimbledon is an HMO without a license.

If you want to make sure that the notice is delivered to the Merton, Greater London tenant, you can consider using the Mitcham, Wimbledon, or Morden professional notice server's service.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Get A Possession Order From Denbigh Franks In Greater London's Merton

Once you've got the eviction notice in Merton across to the tenant, you can wait for them to pack out of the property in Wimbledon, Morden, or Mitcham, but if that isn't coming through, you would need to go to court and obtain a Standard Possession Order.

The cost of this is £325 in Merton, Greater London.

In addition, you may also apply for an Accelerated Possession Order in Morden, Mitcham, or Wimbledon, in case you are not claiming any rent that hasn't been paid and the cost in Merton, Greater London, for this service is £355, and it is normally quicker since there isn't a court hearing.

You would then fill and submit the form at the County Court of Merton, Greater London.

Then, the court in Greater London will send a copy to the tenants and they will need to reply in a period of 14 days in Morden, Mitcham, or Wimbledon.

The judge can extend the period if the tenant in Merton is in serious condition.

Step 3: In Greater London's Merton, Applying For A Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks

This should be your last resort: Applying for Warrant of Possession in Greater London comes in handy when the other two steps (as discussed above) aren't forthcoming in Wimbledon, Mitcham, or Morden.

This would mean that the tenants in Mitcham, Morden, or Wimbledon will be forced to move out by the bailiffs of Denbigh Franks, and the cost of this step is 121 pounds.

If you want to speed up things, request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the Greater London County Court and an officer from the High Court from Denbigh Franks will handle the eviction.

This can be done only if at least £600, with the inclusion of Greater London court costs, would be claimed in Merton.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Merton, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.