113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Oxfordshire Can Be Easy With Denbigh Franks In Oxford

Sometimes, evicting a Oxford tenant can be a bit challenging and complicated in Oxfordshire and you must follow some evicting steps from Denbigh Franks carefully to avoid finding yourself on the other side of the law.

Denbigh Franks's guidance covers guaranteed shorthold stocks in Oxfordshire, including 'periodic' holdings in Oxford (run week by week or month by month with no defined end date) and Abingdon-on-Thames long-term holdings (run for a set amount of time).

Step 1: Give Notice Of Eviction In Oxford, Oxfordshire

A Section 21 Notice is served in Oxfordshire to inform the occupant in Banbury that you are seeking to regain property possession at the fixed-term tenancy's end or during 'periodic' tenancy with no fixed end date.

Also, in case they have broken the terms of the tenancy in Oxfordshire's Oxford, you can also provide them with a Section 8 notice.

Depending on the terms of the agreement in Abingdon-on-Thames, the notice may vary from just two weeks to two months.

Generally, the landlords in Oxfordshire are required to send a notice of at least 2 months, although there are some anomalies in Oxford, such as, if the tenant in Banbury has not resided in the property for at least 6 months, or if the property in Abingdon-on-Thames is an unlicensed HMO.

To make sure in Oxford that your Oxfordshire tenants get the notice, you can also avail the services in Oxford, Abingdon-on-Thames, or Banbury of Professional Notice Servers.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Instruction 2: Seek Order For Possession From Oxford's Denbigh Franks In Oxfordshire

Sometimes, some tenants won't vacate your property in Oxford, Abingdon-on-Thames, or Banbury after serving them an eviction notice in Oxford, so when dealing with such a tenant, apply for a Standard Possession Order in court.

In Oxford, Oxfordshire, this costs £325.

You may also submit for a Possession Order that is Accelerated in Oxford, Oxfordshire if you do not claim any rent arrears, which costs £ 355, but it is usually faster because there is no court hearing in Oxford, Banbury, or Abingdon-on-Thames.

You'll need to fill a form at Oxford, Oxfordshire's County Court.

The Oxfordshire court will then send a copy to the tenants in Oxford, Banbury, or Abingdon-on-Thames, who will have to respond within 14 days.

In the event that the tenant is in great difficulty, this period may be extended by the judge in Oxford.

Phase 3: Apply For A Possession Warrant In Oxford, Oxfordshire With Denbigh Franks's Support

You're left with one final option if the tenant in Banbury, Oxford, or Abingdon-on-Thames doesn't leave the home after taking these steps: you can apply for a Warrant for Possession in the Oxfordshire court.

This means that bailiffs from Denbigh Franks will help you to kick out the tenants in Banbury, Abingdon-on-Thames, or Oxford and this will cost you £121.

You can request to shift the case from County Court of Oxfordshire to High Court if you speed up the process, then the eviction will then be carried out by a Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement officer.

However, this option is only available if the amount you are claiming is greater than £600 inclusive of court costs in Oxford, Oxfordshire.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Oxford, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.