113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Hampshire's Denbigh Franks Provide Support In Portsmouth For Evicting A Tenant

At times, evicting tenants from Portsmouth may be a difficult procedure in Hampshire, and for you to have it done lawfully, you will need to follow these instructions by Denbigh Franks diligently.

Denbigh Franks's guidance covers guaranteed shorthold stocks in Hampshire, including 'periodic' holdings in Ryde (run week by week or month by month with no defined end date) and Pyle long-term holdings (run for a set amount of time).

Step 1: Send An Eviction Notice In Portsmouth, Hampshire

The first and foremost step in Portsmouth is to send Section 21 notice after the fixed term in Cowes is over.

Also, in case they have broken the terms of the tenancy in Hampshire's Portsmouth, you can also provide them with a Section 8 notice.

On top of that, Ryde notices can change from two weeks to two months, but this is based on the terms of the tenancy agreement.

Nevertheless, in total, you need to give a two months' notice in Portsmouth, Hampshire, but there are a few exemptions (e.g., If the occupant in Cowes has been in the house for a period less than six months, if the house in Pyle is an HMO and has no license and many more).

If you in Portsmouth, Hampshire, want to make sure your tenants receive the notice, then you need to use a Professional Notice Servers service in Ryde, Cowes, or Pyle.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Get A Possession Order In Hampshire From The Portsmouth Court With Support From Denbigh Franks

After you've notified your occupants in Portsmouth and they refuse to pack out, then your next course of action in Ryde, Pyle, or Cowes, is to go to court and request a Standard Possession Order.

This order in Portsmouth, Hampshire, will cost you £325.

However, if you are not claiming any unpaid rent in Portsmouth, Hampshire, then you should apply for an Accelerated Possession Order, which, in Ryde, Pyle, or Cowes costs £355, and this order is usually quicker as there is no court hearing.

You will need to visit the County Court in Portsmouth, Hampshire and fill a form.

The Hampshire court will then send a copy to the tenants in Ryde, Cowes, or Pyle, who will have to respond within 14 days.

In situations where the tenant in Portsmouth is facing any kind of challenges, the judge may decide to extend this timeframe.

Step 3: Request For Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks In Portsmouth, Hampshire

However, there are times when Cowes, Pyle, or Ryde tenants refuse to leave after taking all the above measures, and in this case, you have one final decision: Applying to the Hampshire court for a Warrant for Possession.

In this situation, Denbigh Franks bailiffs have every right to remove the tenants in Cowes, Pyle, or Ryde from your property and this costs £121.

If you still need to speed up the process ask the transfer of the case from the County Court of Hampshire to the High Court, and the High court enforcement officer of Denbigh Franks will ensure the eviction.

The applicants in Portsmouth are allowed to use this facility if the claimed amount is more than £600 in Hampshire.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Portsmouth, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.