113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Help With Tenant Evictions In Rochester, Kent

Sometimes, it may be cumbersome to successfully evict a tenant, and if you want to evict a tenant legally in Rochester, Kent, you may be required to do it according to steps from Denbigh Franks.

This guide by Denbigh Franks discusses Tenancies in Rochester that are Assured Shorthold, both Halling and Chatham tenancies that are fixed-term and Tenancies that are 'Periodic'.

Step 1: Give Notice Of Eviction In Rochester, Kent

If you want the property in Halling, Eccles, or Chatham back after the end of a fixed term, then give the occupants in Rochester a Section 21 notice.

However, if in Rochester they have acted contrary to the tenancy agreement, you would be giving them a Section 8 notice in Kent instead.

There are different types of notices, they can be two weeks to sixty days depending on the agreement as written in the Halling tenancy agreement.

Nevertheless, in total, you need to give a two months' notice in Rochester, Kent, but there are a few exemptions (e.g., If the occupant in Eccles has been in the house for a period less than six months, if the house in Chatham is an HMO and has no license and many more).

It is recommendable in Kent to use a professional notice server service in Halling, Eccles, or Chatham to ensure the tenant in Rochester is served with the eviction notice.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Rochester, Kent, Possession Order With Denbigh Franks

If you have already issued your Rochester tenants with an eviction notice and still they do not evacuate, you will need to move to court and request for a Standard Possession Order in Chatham, Eccles, or Halling.

The cost of this order in Kent's Rochester, is 325 pounds.

An Accelerated Possession Order in Kent's Rochester, can be obtained from court if you are not claiming any unsettled rent in Halling, Eccles, or Chatham, at a cost of £355 which is easy since it does not involve court hearing.

You will have to complete a form by going to the County Court within Rochester, Kent.

Then the Kent court will send a copy to your tenants who will be expected to respond within fourteen days in Eccles, Chatham, or Halling.

That term may be prolonged by the judge in Rochester if the client is in serious difficulty.

Step 3: Request For Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks In Rochester, Kent

If still the tenant in Chatham, Halling, or Eccles has refused to vacate your property after the court order date has expired, you will need to go to the court in Kent for a final time: Applying for a Warrant of Possession.

On this step, the bailiffs from Denbigh Franks will legally evict the tenant from your property in Chatham, Halling, or Eccles, at a payment of £121.

If you want this to happen faster, you can request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the Kent County Court; so that eviction can be done by a Denbigh Franks enforcement officer from the High Court.

You can choose this option if you want to claim more than £600 from the tenant, and this should include Kent court costs in Rochester.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Rochester, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.