113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Give Aid In Evicting A Tenant In Southampton, Hampshire

Sometimes, it may be cumbersome to successfully evict a tenant, and if you want to evict a tenant legally in Southampton, Hampshire, you may be required to do it according to steps from Denbigh Franks.

This guide by Denbigh Franks discusses Tenancies in Southampton that are Assured Shorthold, both Marchwood and Hillyfields tenancies that are fixed-term and Tenancies that are 'Periodic'.

First Step: Issue A Notice For Eviction In Hampshire's Southampton

The first and foremost step in Southampton is to send Section 21 notice after the fixed term in Eling is over.

Please give them a notice under Section 8 if they have broken the terms of the tenancy in Southampton, Hampshire.

There are different types of notices, they can be two weeks to sixty days depending on the agreement as written in the Marchwood tenancy agreement.

Generally, in Southampton you will have to give 2 months' notice, however, there are also few exceptions e.g. when the tenant in Eling has been using the property for less than 6 months or if the property in Hillyfields is an HMO without a license.

If you in Southampton, Hampshire, want to make sure your tenants receive the notice, then you need to use a Professional Notice Servers service in Marchwood, Eling, or Hillyfields.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: Seek An Order Of Possession With Help From Denbigh Franks In Southampton, Hampshire

If your Southampton tenant doesn't move out by the date specified on eviction notice, you can apply for a Standard Possession Order at the County Court of Hillyfields, Eling, or Marchwood where your property is located.

The cost of this in Southampton, Hampshire, is around £325.

In Southampton, Hampshire, in case you're not claiming any unpaid rent in Eling, Marchwood, or Hillyfields, you can simply go for an Accelerated Possession Order that costs around £355 which will be resolved quickly because there is no court hearing involved.

You will have to apply a request to the County Court of Southampton, Hampshire.

The Hampshire court will distribute these copies to your tenants in Marchwood, Eling, or Hillyfields who will then need to reply within two weeks.

The judge has the right to extend this period if the Southampton tenant is going through some serious problems.

Step 3: With Denbigh Franks's Assistance Submit An Application For A Warrant For Possession In Southampton, Hampshire

This step is to guide you in case the Marchwood, Eling, or Hillyfields tenants have defied the steps provided above, where the final solution is: You need to apply for a Warrant of Possession from the Court in Hampshire.

On this step, the bailiffs from Denbigh Franks will legally evict the tenant from your property in Hillyfields, Marchwood, or Eling, at a payment of £121.

To have speedy proceedings, you can ask the Hampshire County Court to transfer your case to the High Court, then the eviction will be carried out by a Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement officer.

In Southampton, Hampshire, this only applies if the tenant is owning you in excess of £600 inclusive of court costs.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Southampton, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.