113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

In Southwark, Greater London, Denbigh Franks Can Assist In Evicting A Tenant

Sometimes evicting a rented property can be a complex process, and if you want to do it legally in Southwark, Greater London, Denbigh Franks have mentioned some steps below to follow carefully.

This post from Denbigh Franks is concerned with Southwark's Assured Shorthold Tenancies which include fixed term tenancies (they run for a certain period of time) in Bankside and periodic tenancies (run monthly or weekly without fixed end date) in Bermondsey.

Step One: Give The Tenant In Greater London Notice Of Eviction In Southwark

A Section 21 Notice is served in Greater London to inform the occupant in Bermondsey that you are seeking to regain property possession at the fixed-term tenancy's end or during 'periodic' tenancy with no fixed end date.

Please give them a notice under Section 8 if they have broken the terms of the tenancy in Southwark, Greater London.

Keep in mind that the Bermondsey notice can vary from 2 weeks to 2 months, depending on the terms of the tenancy agreement.

Nevertheless, in total, you need to give a two months' notice in Southwark, Greater London, but there are a few exemptions (e.g., If the occupant in Bermondsey has been in the house for a period less than six months, if the house in Elephant and Castle is an HMO and has no license and many more).

A Professional Notice Servers service in Southwark can be used to be able to make it easy in Greater London for the tenant in Bankside, Bermondsey or Elephant and Castle to get eviction notices.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step 2: With Assistance From Denbigh Franks Seek A Possession Order In Greater London's Southwark

After you've notified your occupants in Southwark and they refuse to pack out, then your next course of action in Bankside, Elephant and Castle, or Bermondsey, is to go to court and request a Standard Possession Order.

In Greater London's Southwark, you will part with £325.

An Accelerated Possession Order in Greater London's Southwark, can be obtained from court if you are not claiming any unsettled rent in Bankside, Bermondsey, or Elephant and Castle, at a cost of £355 which is easy since it does not involve court hearing.

You are required to fill out a form at Southwark, Greater London's County court.

Then the Greater London court will send a copy to your tenants who will be expected to respond within fourteen days in Bermondsey, Elephant and Castle, or Bankside.

Then the judge has the authority to give more time to a tenant in Southwark if he/she is encountering a complicated situation.

Step Three: Get A Warrant For Possession In Greater London's Southwark With Denbigh Franks

If the tenants in Bankside, Bermondsey, or Elephant and Castle also refuse to leave despite taking the above measure, there is one final option: and that is to request to the Greater London court for a warrant for possession.

For a cost of £121, from your property in Bankside, Elephant and Castle, or Bermondsey, Denbigh Franks bailiffs can remove tenants.

To order to speed up the procedure, you may request a transfer of the dispute from the Greater London County Court to the High Court, and a High Court enforcement officer from Denbigh Franks may carry out the eviction.

This can be done only if at least £600, with the inclusion of Greater London court costs, would be claimed in Southwark.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Southwark, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.