113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

St Albans Based Denbigh Franks Can Aid With Evicting A Tenant In Hertfordshire

Sometimes the ejection of a tenant in St Albans, Hertfordshire can be a complicated process, and you will have to follow Denbigh Franks's steps carefully to do it legally.

The following guide by Hertfordshire's Denbigh Franks on the eviction process only applies to Assured Shorthold Tenancies in Harpenden and Hatfield, which there are two types, 'Periodic' tenancies- run weekly or monthly with an end date that isn't fixed, and Fixed-term tenancies- run for a set amount of time.

First Step: Issue A Notice For Eviction In Hertfordshire's St Albans

Provide your Hertfordshire tenants with a section 21 notice if you would like the Welwyn Garden City premise back after an agreed fixed term comes to an end.

In case they've broken the terms and conditions of tenancy agreement in Hertfordshire's St Albans, you can simply send them a Section 8 notice.

Depending on the terms and conditions of your Harpenden tenancy agreement, the notices may vary from 2 weeks to 2 months.

You must give a 2 months' notice in St Albans, Hertfordshire, but there exist some exceptions (like, if the tenant in Welwyn Garden City for less than 6 months has been in the premises, if the premises in Hatfield is an unlicensed HMO, etc.).

There is such a service in St Albans, Hertfordshire of Professional Notice Servers, with which you can be sure that your Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, or Harpenden tenants have received a notification.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Second Step: In St Albans, Hertfordshire, Apply To Get A Possession Order With Denbigh Franks's Advice

If the tenants, after receiving notice in Hatfield, Harpenden, or Welwyn Garden City, still don't move out then you will have to approach the court of St Albans and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

The cost of this is £325 in St Albans, Hertfordshire.

If you want to move the process quicker in Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, or Harpenden, you can apply for Accelerated Possession Order in St Albans, Hertfordshire, especially if you have no unpaid rent (it costs £325) to claim.

You are required to complete a form at the County Court in St Albans, Hertfordshire.

A copy of this form will be forwarded by the Hertfordshire courts to the tenants in Welwyn Garden City, Harpenden, or Hatfield, who must reply under 14 days.

The Judge can only extend this period if the occupant in St Albans seems to be in a difficult situation.

Step 3: Get Denbigh Franks To Seek A Warrant For Possession In St Albans, Hertfordshire

If the tenants in Welwyn Garden City, Hatfield, or Harpenden also refuse to leave despite taking the above measure, there is one final option: and that is to request to the Hertfordshire court for a warrant for possession.

In these scenarios, Denbigh Franks bailiffs evict the tenants from the property in Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City, or Harpenden and it will cost £121.

So as to speed up the process, you can seek to transfer the case from the Hertfordshire County Court and have it in the High Court, this way a High Court enforcement officer of Denbigh Franks will ensure the tenants are evicted.

You can only do this if you demand more than £ 600, plus Hertfordshire court costs in St Albans.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in St Albans, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.