113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

How To Evict Tenants In Stafford Without Going To Court In Staffordshire

1. Using A Section 21 Or Section 8 Notice

You need to be legally prepared and aware if you want to evict your tenant in Stafford, and if you want them to move out of your Little Haywood, Stafford, or Hixon property, you will need to send Section 21 or Section 8 notice under Housing Act 1988.

A Section 21 notice of possession is supplied by Denbigh Franks to a tenant in Stafford to guide as 'notice of the possession'.

This implies that your property in Staffordshire's Stafford can be repossessed once the fixed term lease agreement has expired.

The important thing is that serving an authentic Section 21 notice in Staffordshire does not require that you provide any reasons to claim possession.

A section 8 notice is served by the landlord or landlord's agent in Staffordshire's Stafford when they have valid grounds to evict the tenant from their property.

The tenant has not paid the rent in Hixon, damaged the property in Little Haywood or is causing chaos in Stafford are examples.

In any of those cases, you will be able to end the tenancy in Stafford throughout its fixed term in case the tenant has broken the tenancy agreement.

However, the tenant may dispute the eviction notice which could result in filling a possession order in the Staffordshire court where you will be required to provide proof of your claim.

Although both the notices are self-standing and used for different purposes, their end result is eviction of the tenant in Stafford.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

2. Denbigh Franks Hand Over A Section 21 Notice Of Possession

Generally, a section 21 notice is not considered a notice of eviction but rather it notifies your tenants in Stafford that you want to get back your property in Little Haywood, Stafford, or Hixon when they leave.

The first move is to let the Stafford occupant realize for no longer than two months that you need them to leave the premises in Staffordshire at the end of the tenancy.

You may serve a Sec, 21 notice in Stafford in case there exists a fixed break article or the agreed lease term is about to elapsed.

The notice can be served even if the Stafford tenant has not caused any damage as Section 21 notice doesn't need a reason for recovering the Staffordshire property.

To enforce this notice in Staffordshire court, serve the Section 21 notice properly.

The 2015 Deregulation Act amendments made changes in how tenancy agreements come to an end while utilising the Section 21 notice.

Initially, these changes only applied to Stafford leases that were agreed on or after 1 October 2015.

However, after 1 October 2018, it applies to all tenancies in Staffordshire.

Some of the rules are:

A Section 21 notice cannot be handed by Denbigh Franks throughout the first four months of the tenancy, however, if the tenancy in Stafford has been renewed, then you may hand a Section 21 notice at any time throughout the renewed tenancy.

A section 21 notice is legitimate only for 6 months starting from the date it was served, and another notice should be issued in Staffordshire's Stafford in case proceedings of possession are not provided during the 6-month period.

A section 21 notice cannot be served if tenants in Stafford have complained about the conditions of the building and no response was provided by the Staffordshire landlord; Issuing a notice after a complaint about the premises will not be considered especially if you get served with a Local Housing Authority notice.

Download and Form 6A to use alongside a section 21 notice.

To make the Section 21 notice valid, give the Stafford tenant the following information when signing the tenancy agreement:

A Gas Safety Certificate

Energy Performance Certificate

At the start of every new tenancy, the tenants must be given "how to rent guide"

3. Get Denbigh Franks To Serve A Section 8 Eviction Notice In Stafford

A Section 8 Notice is served to tenants in Little Haywood, Hixon, or Stafford, if you have valid reasons to evict them from your premises in Stafford.

The 2nd schedule of the 1998 Housing Act provides the reasons for serving a Section 8 notice in Staffordshire.

Top reasons for removing tenants in Stafford, Staffordshire are:

Inability to pay rent

Damaging of property


To issue Section 8 Notice in Little Haywood, Hixon, or Stafford, you are required to complete a notice claiming possession of your property let on an assured agricultural occupancy or an assured tenancy.

You must state on the document what the conditions of the Stafford lease have been broken, and you must offer a warning between two weeks and two months, depending on the terms on which you rely.

If the tenant in Stafford still refuses to vacate your property, apply for a possession order in the court in Staffordshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

4. Possession Order Application In Staffordshire's Stafford

If your occupant in Stafford refuses to leave after you have received a notice of removal with Denbigh Franks, you can act.

In case a written tenancy agreement exists and also the tenant in Stafford does not have any pending rent then accelerated possession order can be used, if you serve Section 21 notice.

If you wish to get your property back in Stafford, Little Haywood, or Hixon and claim rent arrears from the tenant as well, then you can use the standard possession claim in Stafford and serve either a section 21 or 8 notice.

The landlord also possesses the prerogative to request the Staffordshire bailiff to remove the tenant from their property in Stafford which can take anywhere from four to many more weeks determined by the court, in case the tenant extends their stay even after getting the notice.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Stafford, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.