113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Sunderland, Tyne and Wear With Denbigh Franks

A complex procedure needs to be followed in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear in order to expel a tenant if you want to make it legal, so it is imperative you follow these Denbigh Franks steps.

Denbigh Franks's guidance covers guaranteed shorthold stocks in Tyne and Wear, including 'periodic' holdings in Peterlee (run week by week or month by month with no defined end date) and Cleadon long-term holdings (run for a set amount of time).

Step 1: In Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, Notice Of Eviction

When it is time for fixed term in Seaham, or Cleadon to end, you have to give a Section 21 notice to the Tyne and Wear tenant if you want your property back.

Provide them with a section 8 notice in case they have broken the terms and agreements of the Sunderland, Tyne and Wear tenancy.

There are different types of notices, they can be two weeks to sixty days depending on the agreement as written in the Peterlee tenancy agreement.

Nevertheless, you are normally required to issue 8 weeks' notice, however, some situations in Sunderland are exempted, for instance, in Cleadon, when the tenant has occupied the premises for less than 6 months or in Peterlee, the premises is an HMO and unlicensed.

To know that the tenants in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear have received the notice, you can enlist a Professional Notice Server in Cleadon, Peterlee, or Seaham for service.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step Two: Pursue A Sunderland, Tyne and Wear Possession Order With Encouragement From Denbigh Franks

In the event that you have provided a Sunderland tenant with an eviction notice and still they opt not to vacate the premises in Peterlee, Seaham, or Cleadon, then you will have to head to the court and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

In Tyne and Wear's Sunderland, you will part with £325.

You can also request in Tyne and Wear's Sunderland, for a Possession Order that is Accelerated if you have no unpaid rent to claim in Peterlee, Cleadon, or Seaham, and this attracts a fee of £355 and is faster since there won't be any court hearing.

To apply for this order, you will need to fill a form at the County Court of Tyne and Wear's Sunderland.

The Tyne and Wear court will then send a copy to the tenants in Peterlee, Seaham, or Cleadon, who will have to respond within 14 days.

Then the judge has the authority to give more time to a tenant in Sunderland if he/she is encountering a complicated situation.

Phase 3: Apply For A Possession Warrant In Sunderland, Tyne and Wear With Denbigh Franks's Support

In case the Peterlee, Seaham, or Cleadon tenants still refuse to get out, in Tyne and Wear you can apply for a Warrant for Possession.

In these scenarios, Denbigh Franks bailiffs evict the tenants from the property in Seaham, Peterlee, or Cleadon and it will cost £121.

In order to accelerate the process, you may require transferring the case to the High Court from the Tyne and Wear County Court and a High Court enforcement agent from Denbigh Franks will conduct the eviction.

The applicants in Sunderland are allowed to use this facility if the claimed amount is more than £600 in Tyne and Wear.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Sunderland, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.