113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Without Going To Tyne and Wear Court, How Do I Evict A Sunderland Tenant

1. Section 21 Or Section 8 Notice

Under the Housing Act 1988, in Sunderland you are required serve a Section 21 or Section 8 notice to the tenant in Peterlee, Cleadon, or Seaham if you want them to leave your property.

Notice of possession in Section 21 is provided by Denbigh Franks to a tenant in Sunderland for a 'notice of possession'.

This implies that your property in Tyne and Wear's Sunderland can be repossessed once the fixed term lease agreement has expired.

On top of that, you should consider that you don't need to give any reason to claim possession in Tyne and Wear when you hand a legal Section 21 notice.

Section 8 notices of eviction shall be given in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear, when you have the reasons for eviction.

The tenant has not paid the rent in Cleadon, damaged the property in Seaham or is causing chaos in Peterlee are examples.

In this case, you can end the Sunderland tenancy agreement whilst it's fixed-term is happening is the tenant has broken the agreement.

However, the tenant can dispute it and it could be taken to court in Tyne and Wear where you will be required to provide evidence of the reason for the eviction.

Both Section 8 and Section 21 notice operate differently to let you recover your property, however, they produce the same result - helping you repossess your property in Sunderland.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

2. Denbigh Franks Issue A Section 21 Notice Of Possession

A Section 21 notice is not an eviction notice but used to inform the Sunderland tenant that the landlord wants to repossess the property in Peterlee, Seaham, or Cleadon immediately they move out.

The first step is that you need to give the Sunderland tenant at least two months' notice that you want them to vacate your Tyne and Wear premises at the end of the tenancy.

You can serve a Section 21 notice of possession in Sunderland if a fixed term of the tenancy has ended or is there is a break clause in the agreement which can be initiated.

You can provide it even when the Sunderland tenant has done nothing wrong and for recovering the Tyne and Wear premise's vacant possession you don't have to give a reason.

A Section 21 Possession Notice must be served whilst adhering to the rules for it to be enforced in Tyne and Wear court.

The Deregulations Act 2015 has altered the way in which tenancies can be finished.

It is applied to the Sunderland tenancies that were signed on or after 1 October 2015.

However, after 1 October 2018, it applies to all tenancies in Tyne and Wear.

Some of the rules are:

A Section 21 notice cannot be served by Denbigh Franks within the tenancy's first four months but if following the fixed term's end, the tenancy in Sunderland has been renewed, during the renewed tenancy you can serve a Section 21 notice at any point.

The validity of Section 21 will be until six months from the issue date, however, if possession proceedings in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear are delayed during this period, another notice will be served.

If the landlord failed to address the issue raised by tenant in Sunderland about the Tyne and Wear property's condition, the tenant can contact the local housing authority; Once a notice is issued by the local housing authority, the section 21 notice will become invalid.

In order to make a Section 21 notice, use 6a form.

In addition, to make a section 21 valid, the landlord is required to provide the following information in Sunderland before renting out the premises:

A Gas Safety Certificate

A certificate for energy performance

At the beginning of a new lease, you must give the new tenant the guide on 'How to Rent'

3. Get Denbigh Franks To Serve An Eviction Notice Under Section 8 In Sunderland

You can serve a Section 8 notice in Peterlee, Cleadon, or Seaham to start the eviction process in Sunderland if you have grounds to evict a tenant.

In Tyne and Wear, Schedule 2 of Housing Act 1988 explains the grounds for serving a Section 8 eviction.

Top reasons for removing tenants in Sunderland, Tyne and Wear are:

Rent debts

Damage to the property

Being troublesome

Before giving the Section 8 Notice to your tenant in Cleadon, Peterlee, or Seaham, endeavour to fill in a "Notice of a property let on an occupancy that is assured agricultural or an assured tenancy."

It must be specific in the notice the terms of the Sunderland tenancy that have been breached and give notice between two weeks and two months' dependent upon the terms you are relying on.

You will then have to go to the court in Tyne and Wear for an order of possession if your tenants in Sunderland do not vacate by the agreed date.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

4. Make An Order Of Possession In Tyne and Wear's Sunderland

You have the right to take action in Sunderland if your tenants don't leave even after receiving an eviction notice from Denbigh Franks.

If you had served the tenants a Section 21 notice, have a tenancy agreement in Sunderland that is written, and you do not need to claim any rent on arrears, you can use an accelerated possession order.

The standard possession claim can be used when service of a section 21 or a section 8 notice in Sunderland or you want to recover your property in Cleadon, Peterlee, or Seaham, and rent arrears that are unpaid .

If the possession order has expired and the tenant fails to vacate in Sunderland, then it's vital to notify the Tyne and Wear County Court Bailiff to help you evict the tenant - this may take additional four weeks or more depending on the County Court.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Sunderland, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.