113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Can Help With Evicting A Tenant In Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Ejecting a tenant from their rented premise in Wakefield, West Yorkshire can be a complicated process sometimes, in order to achieve this legally, one has to follow Denbigh Franks's following steps.

The following guide by West Yorkshire's Denbigh Franks on the eviction process only applies to Assured Shorthold Tenancies in Dewsbury and Batley, which there are two types, 'Periodic' tenancies- run weekly or monthly with an end date that isn't fixed, and Fixed-term tenancies- run for a set amount of time.

Step 1: Give Notice Of Eviction In Wakefield, West Yorkshire

If you need to return your property in Wakefield after the deadline, you must give your tenants in Wakefield notice in accordance with Section 21.

Also, in case they have broken the terms of the tenancy in West Yorkshire's Wakefield, you can also provide them with a Section 8 notice.

The legal eviction notice is between 2 weeks to 2 months depending on tenancy agreement terms in Batley.

In general, on the other hand, you will have to provide them with a two months' notice in West Yorkshire, however there are exceptions, such as the tenant has been in the residence in Dewsbury for under six months or in case the residence in Wakefield is an HMO with no license.

To ensure that the West Yorkshire's Wakefield tenants receive eviction notices with ease, you can go for a Professional Notice Servers service in Wakefield, Batley, or Dewsbury.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Second Step: In Wakefield, West Yorkshire, Apply To Get A Possession Order With Denbigh Franks's Advice

If your Wakefield tenant doesn't move out by the date specified on eviction notice, you can apply for a Standard Possession Order at the County Court of Dewsbury, Batley, or Wakefield where your property is located.

The cost of this order in West Yorkshire's Wakefield, is 325 pounds.

If you are not having any claim in Wakefield, West Yorkshire, for unpaid rent, then you can also apply for an Accelerated Possession Order in Dewsbury, Wakefield, or Batley, it is faster as there is no court hearing and it costs £355.

At the County Court of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, you will need to fill in a form.

After that your tenants in Batley, Wakefield, or Dewsbury, will be sent a copy of it by the court in West Yorkshire, and they will have to answer back in fourteen days.

However, the judge in Wakefield may extend this period in case the tenant is in serious problem.

Phase 3: In West Yorkshire's Wakefield, Request A Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks's Help

If you have done all these and the tenants in Wakefield, Dewsbury, or Batley are unwilling to move out, there is one last alternative: Submit an application for a Warrant for Possession to the West Yorkshire courts.

In this scenario, the tenants in Wakefield, Dewsbury, or Batley, can be evacuated from your property by the bailiffs of Denbigh Franks, you would have to pay £121 for this.

In case you want to expedite the process, you can request a transfer of the case to the High Court from the County Court of West Yorkshire and a Denbigh Franks enforcement officer will conduct the removal of the tenant.

In Wakefield, West Yorkshire, this only applies if the tenant is owning you in excess of £600 inclusive of court costs.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Wakefield, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.