113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting A Tenant In Wiltshire, Wiltshire, Made Simple With Denbigh Franks

It is important to point out that in Wiltshire, evicting a Wiltshire tenant might not be as easy as you thought and you don't have to brainstorm for long on how to go about it because Denbigh Franks have come up with legal strategies you can use when evicting a tenant.

This post from Denbigh Franks is concerned with Wiltshire's Assured Shorthold Tenancies which include fixed term tenancies (they run for a certain period of time) in Salisbury and periodic tenancies (run monthly or weekly without fixed end date) in Chippenham.

Step 1: Provide With Eviction Notice In Wiltshire, Wiltshire

Provide your Wiltshire tenants with a section 21 notice if you would like the Salisbury premise back after an agreed fixed term comes to an end.

A section 8 notice is served to the tenant in Wiltshire when you have grounds for eviction such as violation of tenancy agreement terms, rent arrears, nuisance or damage to the Wiltshire property.

Depending on the terms of tenancy agreements, notices can have a variation of 2 weeks to 2 months in Chippenham.

Generally, in Wiltshire you will have to give 2 months' notice, however, there are also few exceptions e.g. when the tenant in Chippenham has been using the property for less than 6 months or if the property in Trowbridge is an HMO without a license.

You can use the Professional Notice Servers service in Wiltshire, Wiltshire to ensure that your tenants in Salisbury, Chippenham, or Trowbridge are definitely notified.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Step Two: Pursue A Wiltshire, Wiltshire Possession Order With Encouragement From Denbigh Franks

If you have already issued your Wiltshire tenants with an eviction notice and still they do not evacuate, you will need to move to court and request for a Standard Possession Order in Trowbridge, Chippenham, or Salisbury.

The cost of this is £325 in Wiltshire, Wiltshire.

You can also request in Wiltshire's Wiltshire, for a Possession Order that is Accelerated if you have no unpaid rent to claim in Salisbury, Trowbridge, or Chippenham, and this attracts a fee of £355 and is faster since there won't be any court hearing.

You only need to visit the Wiltshire, Wiltshire's County Court and fill a form.

The Wiltshire court will send the occupants in Salisbury, Trowbridge, or Chippenham, a copy where a reply will be required within 14 days.

The judge can extend the period if the tenant in Wiltshire is in serious condition.

Step 3: Get Denbigh Franks To Seek A Warrant For Possession In Wiltshire, Wiltshire

You're left with one final option if the tenant in Chippenham, Salisbury, or Trowbridge doesn't leave the home after taking these steps: you can apply for a Warrant for Possession in the Wiltshire court.

In this situation, Denbigh Franks bailiffs have every right to remove the tenants in Chippenham, Trowbridge, or Salisbury from your property and this costs £121.

To accelerate the process, you can request for the case to be transferred to the High Court from the County Court of Wiltshire, and a Denbigh Franks enforcement officer from the High court will carry out the eviction.

You can only achieve this if you are requesting for more than £600 in Wiltshire and this includes costs from the Wiltshire court.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Wiltshire, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.