113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Denbigh Franks Can Help With Evicting A Tenant In York, North Yorkshire

Evicting a North Yorkshire tenant can be a difficult process in York, particularly when it comes to the legal formalities, so you will need to adhere to these steps from Denbigh Franks.

Moreover, Denbigh Franks's guide involves Assured Shorthold Tenancies in York, North Yorkshire, which include both 'periodic' tenancies in Selby, which runs weekly or monthly with no fixed end date, and fixed-term tenancies in Bridlington, which runs for a period.

Step 1: Issue An Eviction Notice In York, North Yorkshire

When it is time for fixed term in Bridlington, or Selby to end, you have to give a Section 21 notice to the North Yorkshire tenant if you want your property back.

In case they've broken the terms and conditions of tenancy agreement in North Yorkshire's York, you can simply send them a Section 8 notice.

As determined by the conditions in the tenancy contract in Bridlington, there are variations in the notice, which may be as little as 2 weeks and as high as 60 days.

In general in North Yorkshire's York, you will need to give a two months notice, but there are some exceptions, for example, if the property in Selby is an HMO that doesn't have a license, or if the tenant in Scarborough has been in the property not up to six months, etc.

There is such a service in York, North Yorkshire of Professional Notice Servers, with which you can be sure that your Scarborough, Bridlington, or Selby tenants have received a notification.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Second Step: In York, North Yorkshire, Apply To Get A Possession Order With Denbigh Franks's Advice

After you notify the tenant in York, and he still does not leave, you will have to go to court in Selby, Scarborough, or Bridlington and apply for a Standard Possession Order.

Filing this order costs £325 in York, North Yorkshire.

If you would not be placing any claims for unpaid rent in North Yorkshire's York, you can also submit an application for an Accelerated Possession Order in Scarborough, Selby, or Bridlington, which costs £355 and is not only fast but can also be done without any court hearing.

You are required to complete a form at the County Court in York, North Yorkshire.

The tenant in Selby, Bridlington, or Scarborough will receive a copy of the form in North Yorkshire and must reply within two weeks.

The York judge can decide to prolong the period assuming that the tenant is going through a trying moment.

Step 3: Request For Warrant For Possession With Denbigh Franks In York, North Yorkshire

You're left with one final option if the tenant in Bridlington, Scarborough, or Selby doesn't leave the home after taking these steps: you can apply for a Warrant for Possession in the North Yorkshire court.

In this instance, you would pay £121 for the Denbigh Franks bailiffs to evict the tenant from Selby, Bridlington, or Scarborough.

If you still need to speed up the process ask the transfer of the case from the County Court of North Yorkshire to the High Court, and the High court enforcement officer of Denbigh Franks will ensure the eviction.

You can only do this if you demand more than £ 600, plus North Yorkshire court costs in York.

Evicting A Tenant FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in York, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.