113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Residential In Edinburgh In City of Edinburgh

Notices Of Eviction From Private Landlords In Edinburgh

Learn more about the notice types that a landlord can issue to end your tenancy in Edinburgh.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Written Notice From A Landlord That Is Private In Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh

Typically, the landlord in Edinburgh will send you notice in writing when written notice is requested, and it happens even though you don't have an arrangement for a formal tenancy.

The total number of served notices will be determined by:

The tenancy type in Edinburgh

The reasons the landlord wants you to vacate in Livingston, Edinburgh, or Blyth

Lodgers In Edinburgh In City of Edinburgh

If you live with your landlord in Edinburgh, you are still supposed to be given a notice.

This does not have to be in writing unless your agreement states so.

However, your landlord in City of Edinburgh must give you reasonable notice to leave.

The landlord won't need a court order to evict you because you're an excluded occupier in Edinburgh, Blyth, or Livingston.

Section 21 Notice In Edinburgh In City of Edinburgh

A Section 21 notice is the most known method for a private property owner to terminate an assured shorthold tenancy in Edinburgh.

The majority of private renters are under assured shorthold tenancies in Edinburgh.

This is because a reason does not need to be provided by the City of Edinburgh landlord to remove you from the property if they use a section 21 notice.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Section 8 Notices In Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh

A notice of section 8 can be utilised by a landlord that is private who wants to remove a tenant in Edinburgh that is assured shorthold or an assured tenant legally.

You usually get 2 weeks' notice if you break the terms of your tenancy agreement or you're in rent arrears in Edinburgh, Livingston, or Blyth.

The property holder in Edinburgh will be required to give you a 2-month notice in the event that they wish to take back their property for reasons known to them and not your mistake.

Quit Notice In Edinburgh In City of Edinburgh

If a tenant in Edinburgh occupies the basic protection only, so the landlord can send a notice to quit immediately.

This includes:

Guardians of certain property

Students in halls of residence in Edinburgh

If you reside in the same house with the landlord in City of Edinburgh but do not share accommodation for living

If you have a periodic or rolling tenancy, a landlord can do this.

A notice to quit in Edinburgh should have:

Serve notice at the minimum of 4 weeks

To terminate on the last or first day of the rental period

Include legal advice and where to find help in Edinburgh

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Regulated Tenancies In City of Edinburgh's Edinburgh

This type of notice can also be used to terminate a regulated or protected tenancy in Edinburgh.

If in the past the landlord has given you a note, they typically don't have to give you a new one in Edinburgh.

However, you have rights if you're a regulated or protected tenant in City of Edinburgh.

However, such tenants can be removed if:

If your landlord has enough legal reasons to consider your eviction in Edinburgh

The court in City of Edinburgh decides that you must be evicted

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Edinburgh, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.