113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Squatters In Westminster, Greater London

You can be arrested and evicted if you are squatting in Westminster.

What Is Squatting In Westminster, Greater London?

When you start living on a property in Westminster without the owner's permission, it will be considered as Squatting.

Squatting is normally a last resort for homeless people in Barnes, Balham, or Westminster.

If you're poor, it's not a long-term solution as you're almost certainly going to be evicted from the Westminster property and charged.

One is not regarded as a squatter when still staying on the property or land in Greater London upon expiry of the leasehold or license.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

When Squatters Can Be Arrested In Greater London's Westminster

Squatting in a residential property in Westminster is a criminal act.

They can arrest, and convict you and you may face:

Sentenced for 6 months in prison in Westminster

Pay a fine around £5,000

You should not be prosecuted in Greater London if you:

Are Squatting In Commercial Buildings In Balham, Westminster, Or Barnes

Continued to live in a premise in Westminster after your tenancy ended

Entered the property in Greater London believing that you were a tenant - for instance, if you were rented by a bogus letting agent, they had no right to it

You are only a gypsy or traveller camping on an unlicensed land in Westminster

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Procedures For Evicting Squatters In Greater London's Westminster

As a Westminster squatter, you can be evicted if:

The police in Greater London are not prepared to make an arrest

The owner of the property in Barnes, Balham, or Westminster does not feel the need to involve the police

They are living in business premises in Westminster

The owner in Westminster can gain access and change locks while all of you are outside.

If there is a squatter inside the property in Westminster, the landlord will have to first get a Greater London court order if there is anyone who has refused to vacate.

However, the usage of threats or being violent for evicting someone is not legalized.

The property owner is required by the law to do either of these Post a copy of the claim forms through the letter box or Attach a possession claim to the property's front door a minimum of five days before the Greater London court hearing, for commercial property, two days before the hearing is enough.

The documents must contain the information about place and date of hearing in the court and also defence form.

In case you are not a unlawful tenant in Westminster, you may decide to challenge the property holder.

This can be done by taking back the defence form to the court and attending the hearing in Westminster on the specified date.

The court in Greater London will order you to vacate the premises in Westminster right away if you have been squatting.

Failure to do so might cause the property owner to involve the court bailiffs from Greater London to evict you.

Homelessness Assistance From The Council In Westminster In Greater London

You can receive some assistance meant for the homeless from the council because as a squatter in Barnes, Westminster, or Balham, you are classified as homeless.

Apply to your local council in Westminster and enjoy the homeless people's benefits.

If you're single and homeless, the Greater London council is going to advise you about where you can find a place to stay in Westminster.

In some cases, as an alternative to sleeping rough, specialized providers can provide emergency assistance in Greater London.

The Westminster council may have to give you emergency residence if you are in priority need, such as being expectant, having children or are vulnerable.

When visa or social restrictions apply to you, the authority does not have to have temporary or longer-term accommodation (e.g. if your status of immigration indicates you have' no use of public funds' or you are an asylum seeker in Westminster, Balham, or Barnes).

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Westminster, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.