113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In South Yorkshire's Barnsley

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in Barnsley where travellers can put up campsites.

The low number of authorized sites in Barnsley has resulted in a high number of travellers camping in unauthorized places such as playing fields and car parks in Barnsley, Ardsley, or Carlecotes.

Moreover, government data illustrates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unapproved places in Barnsley.

And socially rented plots in South Yorkshire had only increased by 2% between the years 2010 and 2017.

Travellers Eviction Options In Barnsley

When it comes to regaining possession of land and evicting travellers in Ardsley, Carlecotes, or Barnsley, the South Yorkshire land owners and local authorities can use two options.

The first option is to use the common law to evict them in South Yorkshire.

Under this Law, Barnsley landowners have the right to evict the travellers out of their South Yorkshire place and are also allowed to use adequate force, if needed.

Enforcement agents typically perform evictions in Barnsley using common law.

The travellers are usually given a notice to vacate a place in Barnsley within 24 hours by the agents from Denbigh Franks.

If the traveller remains on the property in Carlecotes, Ardsley, or Barnsley at the expiration of the 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks agents are permitted by the law to remove them, using the police force if necessary.

The use of common law eviction in South Yorkshire comes with many benefits.

The most significant benefit is the speed at which the removal in Barnsley can be affected.

In most cases, an eviction using common law can be done in 24 hours, which means they have little or no time to cause damages to the property or land in Barnsley and the risk of fly-tipping is reduced.

South Yorkshire land owners and local authorities can also obtain a writ of possession if you don't want to use the common law.

Foremost, while removing a tourist using ownership writ in Barnsley, you may be required to get a possession notice.

The order is made against "Persons Unknown" when dealing with squatters or travellers in Carlecotes, Ardsley, or Barnsley.

Once you are awarded the order for possession in Barnsley, you can transfer it to the High Court, there, the High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) of Denbigh Franks has the prerogative to enforce the order.

The advantage of opting for a writ of possession awarded by the high court in South Yorkshire is that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can decide whether to serve the notice or not based on the situation.

This is helpful especially when dealing with the travellers in Barnsley as the element of surprise prevents the risk of damaging and stealing from the property or forming a resistance to eviction in South Yorkshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Prevention Measures In Barnsley

Avoiding these situations is always desirable to handle an eviction in Carlecotes, Barnsley, or Ardsley and the time and cost involved, so, in order to prevent it, there are many actions that can be taken by local authorities and landowners in South Yorkshire.

Landowners in Barnsley can erect fences and gates around their land and put in place huge bollards at the entrances, and doing so will greatly help in preventing authorized individuals from entering a piece of land.

You may also want to position large bollards, installing trenches, embankments, and earth bunds to secure your Barnsley land from unwanted and illegal visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Barnsley, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.