113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Blackburn In Lancashire

There is also a lack of approved places in Blackburn for travellers to set up during the housing crisis in the UK.

The low number of authorized sites in Blackburn has resulted in a high number of travellers camping in unauthorized places such as playing fields and car parks in Darwen, York, or Clitheroe.

With the statistics made available by the government, it is evident that a 17% increase became rampant of Blackburn travellers utilising unauthorised land.

While between 2010 and 2017 there was an increase of 2 percent in plots that are socially rented in Lancashire.

Travellers Eviction Options In Blackburn

There are two alternatives for local authorities and landowners in Lancashire if they wish to evict travellers and get back possession of the land in Darwen, York, or Clitheroe.

The first way is using the common law to remove travellers in Lancashire.

The common law allows landowners in Blackburn to evict travellers from their Lancashire property and can use reasonable force if necessary.

Enforcement agencies often execute removal under common law in Blackburn.

It is important to understand that evictions under law are accomplished by Denbigh Franks enforcement officers who will provide the travellers with a notice that gives them 24 hours to leave the Blackburn property.

If a traveller fails to leave the site in Darwen, York, or Clitheroe after 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will come back with their equipment and probably with police if need be to forcefully evict any traveller still present.

In Lancashire, common law has many different advantages.

The main benefit is the speed at which a traveller is removed from Blackburn.

Mostly, the general eviction law is carried out within 24 hours and this implies that there will be very few damages to land or property in Blackburn and reduced chances for trash damping.

The second available option for the Lancashire landowners and the local authorities is to get possession writ.

Foremost, while removing a tourist using ownership writ in Blackburn, you may be required to get a possession notice.

Order of possession is made out to persons unknown against the travellers or squatters in York, Darwen, or Clitheroe.

Once the possession order has been served in Blackburn to the High Court the claimant can then transfer it to be enforced by a Denbigh Franks (HCEO) High Court Enforcement Officer.

The key advantage of using a writ of possession in Lancashire which is transferred to the High Court is that serving a notice is not required and the Denbigh Franks HCEO takes the decision, as determined by the situation.

When having to deal with Blackburn travellers, this can be crucial as the surprise will remove opportunity to steal from the premise, vandalise property or this can combat expected resistance in Lancashire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Measures For Prevention In Blackburn

Avoiding this types of situations from happening at first is always preferring to deal with an eviction in Clitheroe, Darwen, or York and the potential time and money involved and so there are several things that Lancashire property owners and local authorities can apply to prevent these occurrences from happening.

The best way to stop the unauthorized persons from entering land in Blackburn is to put fences and gates around the land and you can also prevent unauthorized access by installing large bollards at entrances.

In comparison, embankments, soil bunds and pits are also a perfect way to secure a land area in Blackburn from unwanted visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Blackburn, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.