113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Brent, Greater London

The travellers in Brent often face problems with finding the authorized sites in the UK because of UK's housing crisis.

The limited number of approved sites has enhanced the number of visitors in Brent staying in unlicensed settings in Brent Park, Alperton, or Church End like car parks and playing fields.

According to governments statistics, it has been reported that the caravan parked on unauthorised spaces in Brent increased up to 17% between 2016 to 2017.

But between 2010 and 2017, there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in Greater London.

Options In Brent When Evicting Travellers

Usually, there are two options for the Greater London landowners or local authorities to recover the possession of land or evict nomads in Brent Park, Alperton, or Church End.

The first option is to evict travellers using common law in Greater London.

Under the common law, land owners in Brent are within their rights to evict travellers from their Greater London land and permission to apply reasonable force if need be.

Enforcement agents typically perform evictions in Brent using common law.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement agents must issue a 24-hour notice to vacate the location in Brent to the passengers.

If the traveller does not comply to this notice and leave the location in Alperton, Church End, or Brent Park, the agents from Denbigh Franks will forcefully remove the traveller, with or without the help of the police.

Eviction by common law in Greater London comes with certain benefits.

The speed of eviction in Brent is the most important advantage here.

Mostly, the general eviction law is carried out within 24 hours and this implies that there will be very few damages to land or property in Brent and reduced chances for trash damping.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Greater London is to get the writ of possession.

To take advantage of this provision in Brent, you are required to first obtain an order of possession.

An order of possession is typically given to a "Persons Unknown" when talking about travellers or squatters in Church End, Alperton, or Brent Park.

The claimant can transfer the order to the High Court once they have obtained the order for possession in Brent and the Denbigh Franks high court enforcement officer will then use the authority to evict the travellers.

When moving a writ of possessions to the High Court in Greater London, it is advantageous that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can plan on if notice will have to be served or not.

This is helpful especially when dealing with the travellers in Brent as the element of surprise prevents the risk of damaging and stealing from the property or forming a resistance to eviction in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Strategies For Prevention In Brent

You don't want to spend more money and time in the process of evicting travellers from your property in Church End, Alperton, or Brent Park, so for land owners and local authorities in Greater London, there are options available to find long term measures.

Landowners in Brent can erect fences and gates around their land and put in place huge bollards at the entrances, and doing so will greatly help in preventing authorized individuals from entering a piece of land.

Additionally, earth bunds, embankments and trenches can also be built to act as obstacles to entering the land in Brent unauthorized.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Brent, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.