113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Bromley, Greater London

Apart from the housing crisis in the UK, in Bromley there are limited authorized sites for travellers to camp on.

This shortage in Bromley has led to a dramatic increase in the numbers of travellers setting up unauthorised campsites in Southend, Farnborough, or Locksbottom such as playing fields and car parks.

According to statistics from the government, from 2016 to 2017 there was a 17 percent increase in the number of travellers on unauthorized areas in Bromley that are not owned by travellers.

On the other hand there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in Greater London between 2010 to 2017.

Options In Bromley When Evicting Travellers

Property owners and local authorities in Greater London have 2 options when looking to repossess land and evict travellers in Locksbottom, Farnborough, or Southend.

The first option is to evict travellers using common law in Greater London.

It implies that landowners in Bromley reserve the right to remove travellers from their lands in Greater London, and using some reasonable force if need be.

Evictions of travellers under common law in Bromley are often carried out by enforcement agents.

Also, such evictions are carried out by enforcement agents from Denbigh Franks who would issue a 24-hour ultimatum to those travellers directing them to vacate the Bromley site.

If the traveller remains on the property in Locksbottom, Southend, or Farnborough at the expiration of the 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks agents are permitted by the law to remove them, using the police force if necessary.

There are numerous benefits to using common law eviction in Greater London.

The speed of the eviction process in Bromley is the biggest one.

With a common law eviction, travellers can be removed from the property in Bromley in a period of 24 hours which results in less destruction of property and fly-tipping.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Greater London is to get the writ of possession.

The first step when evicting under writ of possession in Bromley is obtaining an order of possession.

The order of possession is made against the "persons unknown" while dealing with travellers or intruders in Farnborough, Southend, or Locksbottom.

Once the order for possession has been conferred in Bromley, the claimant can then transfer it to the High Court and then enforced by the HCEO (High Court Enforcement Officer) from Denbigh Franks.

The benefit of transferring up the writ of possessions to the High Court in Greater London is that the High Court Officer from Denbigh Franks decides the right way to enforce the order.

This technique is advantageous to property owners considering that the squatters or travellers in Bromley are found off balance and it reduces their chances of resisting evacuation, damaging property or thieving in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Ideas For Prevention In Bromley

It is advisable to prevent this type of situations whereby you have to carry out evictions in Farnborough, Locksbottom, or Southend that may consume your time and money, and there are various ways that local governments and property owners in Greater London can do to bar travellers from camping on their property.

Having fencing and gates around the field and having large bollards at thresholds is a perfect way to stop unwanted people from entering the property in Bromley.

Also, earth bunds, trenches and embankments may also assist in safeguarding land in Bromley against intruders.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Bromley, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.