113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In Greater Manchester's Bury

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in Bury where travellers can put up campsites.

Because of this factor, an increase in the number of travellers in Bury is observed setting up on unauthorized campsites in Elton, Edenfield, or Ramsbottom which include car parks as well as playing grounds.

Moreover, government data illustrates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unapproved places in Bury.

That is to degrade government's efforts at ensuring socially rented plots in Greater Manchester, which now grows at a meagre 2% between 2010 and 2017.

Traveller Eviction Options In Bury

Municipalities and landowners in Greater Manchester can evict and recover possession of their land in Elton, Edenfield, or Ramsbottom in two ways.

The first option is to evict travellers using common law in Greater Manchester.

Under common law, Bury landowners have the power to remove travellers from their property in Greater Manchester and are allowed to use force if required.

Enforce agents are on the ground to assist you in Bury with this type of eviction.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement agents notify the traveller to leave the site in Bury within a deadline of 24 hours.

If the traveller remains on the property in Edenfield, Ramsbottom, or Elton at the expiration of the 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks agents are permitted by the law to remove them, using the police force if necessary.

The use of common law eviction in Greater Manchester comes with many benefits.

The most significant benefit is the speed at which the removal in Bury can be affected.

The best thing about common law is that it enables you to remove the travellers within 24 hours which protects your Bury property from all types of damages by allowing you to evict the travellers within 24 hours, and it also reduces the opportunity for fly tipping.

The second option for local authorities and landowners in Greater Manchester is to get a writ of possession.

Getting a possession order is the first step when an eviction in Bury is to be done with a writ of possession.

This can be served to an "unknown" when the possession order is for travellers or squatters in Edenfield, Elton, or Ramsbottom.

Next, in Bury the order would be transferred to the High Court from where it would be enforced by a High Court Enforcement Office (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks.

The most significant benefit to using a writ of possessions in Greater Manchester is that it does not require given notice, as the HCEO from Denbigh Franks will determine whether to do so.

When having to deal with Bury travellers, this can be crucial as the surprise will remove opportunity to steal from the premise, vandalise property or this can combat expected resistance in Greater Manchester.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Bury

The first thing is to try to prevent such situations in the first place instead of dealing with an eviction process in Elton, Ramsbottom, or Edenfield and wasting a lot of time and money on it, so, Greater Manchester landowners can prevent rising this situation in many different ways.

It is important to take some actions, such as putting fences and gates over the Bury property and also, having big bollards at entrances is also a great alternative to prevent unapproved individuals from getting inside your property.

Moreover, embankments, earth bunds, and trenches are a great way of keeping the security of land in Bury from uninvited visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Bury, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.