113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In Cambridgeshire's Cambridge

With the continuing housing crisis in the UK there is also a shortage of authorized sites in Cambridge for travellers to set up on.

The limited number of accredited sites in Cambridge has resulted in an exponential rise in the population of travellers camping on illegal grounds such as playing fields and car parks in Cambridge, Chippenham, or Carlton.

Government data indicates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unauthorized plots and land not owned by travellers in Cambridge from 2016-2017.

In contrast, between 2010 and 2017, there was just a 2% increase in lands in Cambridgeshire rented socially.

Options In Cambridge For Evicting Travellers

Municipalities and landowners in Cambridgeshire can evict and recover possession of their land in Carlton, Chippenham, or Cambridge in two ways.

Foremost, you will need to apply the general law in order to evict Cambridgeshire travellers.

Under common law, landowners in Cambridge are allowed to evict travellers from their Cambridgeshire land and use reasonable force if necessary.

Agents of enforcement will usually conduct common law evictions in Cambridge.

The enforcement agents from Denbigh Franks will serve 24hrs notice to the travellers to vacate the site in Cambridge.

If after the 24-hour notice the site in Chippenham, Carlton, or Cambridge is not vacated then the Denbigh Franks enforcement officers will come back with equipment, together with police if need be, to remove any travellers who are there.

The common law eviction in Cambridgeshire can save you from a lot of problems.

The greatest advantage is the speed at which the Cambridge eviction can take place.

Normally, the eviction under the common law can be carried out within 24hrs, so there is no time for travellers to cause the damage to the land or property in Cambridge and lessen the chance for fly-tipping.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Cambridgeshire is to get the writ of possession.

Under the writ of possession, the first step in Cambridge is to obtain an order of possession.

When dealing with squatters and travellers in Chippenham, Carlton, or Cambridge, the order of possession is served against "unknown person".

After the order of possession has been granted in Cambridge, the petitioner can request to transfer it to the High Court to let the order enforced by the Denbigh Franks High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

The advantage of opting for a writ of possession awarded by the high court in Cambridgeshire is that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can decide whether to serve the notice or not based on the situation.

This procedure is beneficial when dealing with travellers in Cambridge as it will prevent damage to property, resistance to eviction, or looting the property due to the factor of unexpectedness in Cambridgeshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Cambridge

There are several things local authorities and landowners in Cambridgeshire can do to stop these situations from arising, as prevention is always better when dealing with an eviction in Cambridge, Carlton, or Chippenham and the potential time and money involved.

Building gates and fences around the land and erecting a big billboard at the property entries are excellent measures to avoiding the entry of illegal or unapproved persons in your property in Cambridge.

Embankments, earth bunds and trenches can also be used to secure the land in Cambridge from unwanted visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Cambridge, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.