113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Cheshire, Cheshire

Amongst the housing crisis of the United Kingdom, travellers must face a shortage of authorized housing sites in Cheshire for having stay.

A shortage of approved places in Cheshire has culminated in a drastic increase in the number of travellers set up on illegal camps in Chester, Crewe, or Ellesmere Port such as car parks and playgrounds.

According to the Government's statistics, the number of caravans in Cheshire on unauthorized plots has increased by 17% from 2016-17.

But between 2010 and 2017, there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in Cheshire.

Options For Eviction Of Travellers In Cheshire

Property owners and local authorities in Cheshire have 2 options when looking to repossess land and evict travellers in Ellesmere Port, Crewe, or Chester.

You can take advantage of the common law to evict them in Cheshire.

Under the common law, land owners in Cheshire are within their rights to evict travellers from their Cheshire land and permission to apply reasonable force if need be.

Enforce agents are on the ground to assist you in Cheshire with this type of eviction.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement agents notify the traveller to leave the site in Cheshire within a deadline of 24 hours.

If travellers don't vacate the place in Crewe, Chester, or Ellesmere Port within the given time, then agents from Denbigh Franks will go back with the equipment and police if needed, to remove the travellers from the land.

Including removal from common law in Cheshire has several advantages.

The speed of the eviction process in Cheshire is the biggest one.

In most cases, it takes less than 24 hours to carry out the eviction in Cheshire, so, the traveller has less time to damage your property or the land as well as reduce the chances of illegal dumping of wastes on the property.

The other alternative landlords and local government in Cheshire have is to get a writ of possession.

In this case, the first thing to do is to get an order of possession in Cheshire.

An order of possession is typically given to a "Persons Unknown" when talking about travellers or squatters in Ellesmere Port, Chester, or Crewe.

Once the possession order has been issued in Cheshire, the plaintiff can then transfer it to the High Court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks.

The benefit of transferring up the writ of possessions to the High Court in Cheshire is that the High Court Officer from Denbigh Franks decides the right way to enforce the order.

This method is beneficial to landowners because the Cheshire travellers or squatters are caught off guard and it minimizes the chances for resisting to vacate, stealing or destroying the property in Cheshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Cheshire Long Term Measures For Prevention

It is usually better to take preventive measures to avoid the occurrence of these incidents when handling an eviction in Chester, Ellesmere Port, or Crewe and the possible money and time that may be wasted so there are a few things that can be done by local authorities and land owners in Cheshire to avoid the occurrence of these situations.

Fences or gates can be constructed around the property in Cheshire along with signs that clearly state "No Trespassing" as this will prevent the travellers from trespassing.

In addition, you can dig trenches, build embankments or plant earth buds which can also play an important role in safeguarding your Cheshire land from unauthorised travellers.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Cheshire, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.