113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Edinburgh In City of Edinburgh

Housing issues in the UK are not hidden from us and along with other problems, authorised sites for the travellers in Edinburgh is also the one.

The scarcity of legitimate sites in Edinburgh has caused a dramatic growth in the number of travellers settling on illegal camps such as playing field and car parks in Edinburgh, Livingston, or Blyth.

Government statistics from 2016-2017 show that there has been a 17% increase in the number of travellers in Edinburgh on unauthorised plots and property not owned by travellers.

And socially rented plots in City of Edinburgh had only increased by 2% between the years 2010 and 2017.

Options For Eviction Of Travellers In Edinburgh

If the local authorities or land owners in City of Edinburgh want to regain possession of their properties in Blyth, Edinburgh, or Livingston, they need to evict travellers, which, they have two options.

You can take advantage of the common law to evict them in City of Edinburgh.

Under this Law, Edinburgh landowners have the right to evict the travellers out of their City of Edinburgh place and are also allowed to use adequate force, if needed.

Evictions under common law in Edinburgh are carried out by enforcement agents.

The travellers are served with an eviction notice by enforcement agents from Denbigh Franks, giving them a duration of 24 hours to move out of the site in Edinburgh.

If the traveller remains on the property in Blyth, Edinburgh, or Livingston at the expiration of the 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks agents are permitted by the law to remove them, using the police force if necessary.

Using common law in City of Edinburgh has numerous advantages.

The benefits of eviction of travellers in Edinburgh using common law include the speed of the operation.

In addition, the speed at which the eviction in Edinburgh is carried out helps to reduce the travellers' tendencies of causing damage to the property.

Local authorities and landowners in City of Edinburgh have a second alternative of getting a writ of possession.

Foremost, while removing a tourist using ownership writ in Edinburgh, you may be required to get a possession notice.

The order of possession is made against unknown persons when you're dealing with squatters and travellers in Edinburgh, Blyth, or Livingston.

The claimant can transfer the order to the High Court once they have obtained the order for possession in Edinburgh and the Denbigh Franks high court enforcement officer will then use the authority to evict the travellers.

When moving a writ of possessions to the High Court in City of Edinburgh, it is advantageous that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can plan on if notice will have to be served or not.

It's advantageous when dealing with travellers in Edinburgh as it takes away any opportunity to steal from the property or damage the property when resistance to the eviction is expected in City of Edinburgh.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Ideas For Prevention In Edinburgh

It is recommended to prevent such kinds of scenarios from occurring since a lot of time and money is wasted when evicting a traveller from your land in Livingston, Edinburgh, or Blyth, and there are several things that the local authorities and landowners in City of Edinburgh can do to avoid such circumstances from happening.

These include erecting fences and gates on your piece of land in Edinburgh, putting bollards on your property entrance is among the best ways of preventing access to your land by unauthorised persons.

Additionally, earth bunds, embankments and trenches can also be built to act as obstacles to entering the land in Edinburgh unauthorized.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Edinburgh, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.