113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Ellesmere Port, Cheshire

Aside from crisis of housing around the UK, travellers have only a few certified sites in Ellesmere Port to depend on.

There is a shortage of approved sites in Ellesmere Port for travellers to establish themselves and this resulted in a rise in the numbers of travellers setting up on unapproved sites in Hooton, Whitby, or Ellesmere Port like cark parks and playing areas.

According to the figures given by the government, a 17% rise has been witnessed in Ellesmere Port in the number of nomads on unauthorised land not owned by travellers from 2016-2017.

While socially rented plots in Cheshire only witnessed a 2% increase between the year 2010 and 2017.

Alternatives In Ellesmere Port For Travellers Eviction

As a landowner in Cheshire, you can choose from two options to repossess your land and evict travellers in Hooton, Ellesmere Port, or Whitby.

First of all, you can vacate them using the common law in Cheshire.

The common law allows landowners in Ellesmere Port to evict travellers from their Cheshire property and can use reasonable force if necessary.

They usually take help from the enforcement agents to carry out eviction in Ellesmere Port under common law.

The travellers are usually given a notice to vacate a place in Ellesmere Port within 24 hours by the agents from Denbigh Franks.

If the site in Ellesmere Port, Whitby, or Hooton is not vacated after the 24-hour period, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will return to remove any remaining travellers with the equipment, and possibly police if necessary.

There are numerous advantages of applying the common law in eviction in Cheshire.

The speed of the eviction process in Ellesmere Port is the biggest one.

Eviction within 24 hours is seen in many cases under this law that ultimately reduce the chances of fly-tipping and it also means that the site in Ellesmere Port will be less damaged.

The second available option for the Cheshire landowners and the local authorities is to get possession writ.

Getting an order of possession is the first step to evicting in Ellesmere Port under a writ of possession.

An order of possession is typically given to a "Persons Unknown" when talking about travellers or squatters in Hooton, Ellesmere Port, or Whitby.

Next, in Ellesmere Port the order would be transferred to the High Court from where it would be enforced by a High Court Enforcement Office (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks.

The major benefit of utilising an ownership writ and later transferring it to Cheshire High Court includes an order being considered unnecessary, but, Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement personnel may choose if to serve an order or not depending on the existing circumstances.

When having to deal with Ellesmere Port travellers, this can be crucial as the surprise will remove opportunity to steal from the premise, vandalise property or this can combat expected resistance in Cheshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Ellesmere Port

Avoiding the occurrence of these types of situations in the first instance is always better than dealing with eviction in Ellesmere Port, Whitby, or Hooton and the possible money, time and effort involved, so there are many things local authorities and property owners in Cheshire can do to avoid the occurrence of these situations.

Illegal visitors can be stopped from gaining access to the lands in Ellesmere Port by installing gates and fences to barricade the land and installing prominent bollards at entry points.

Another great way to secure an area of land from travellers in Ellesmere Port is to put embankments, earth bunds and trenches.

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Ellesmere Port, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.