113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In City of Glasgow's Glasgow

Apart from the housing crisis in the UK, in Glasgow there are limited authorized sites for travellers to camp on.

This lack of sufficient authorized sites in Glasgow cause travellers to camp in unauthorised grounds instead in Acre, Cadder, or Baillieston, like parking lots and playing fields.

According to some government statistics, between 2016 and 2017, there was 17% increase in the number of caravans set up by travellers in Glasgow on unauthorized plots of lands across the country.

Between 2010 and 2017 there was just a two percent rise in socially rented places in City of Glasgow.

Travellers Eviction Options In Glasgow

If the local authorities or land owners in City of Glasgow want to regain possession of their properties in Cadder, Acre, or Baillieston, they need to evict travellers, which, they have two options.

Firstly, you can start eviction in City of Glasgow by use of common law.

It implies that landowners in Glasgow reserve the right to remove travellers from their lands in City of Glasgow, and using some reasonable force if need be.

Common law evictions in Glasgow are usually carried out by law enforcement officers.

The notice of 24hrs is given to the travellers to vacate the place in Glasgow and the notice is served by the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

If after the 24-hour notice the site in Cadder, Baillieston, or Acre is not vacated then the Denbigh Franks enforcement officers will come back with equipment, together with police if need be, to remove any travellers who are there.

Eviction by common law in City of Glasgow comes with certain benefits.

One of which is the speedy removal of the Glasgow traveller from the premises.

The common law minimizes the risk of potential damage on the Glasgow property since it is enforced within 24 hours, and this short time frame also limits the chances of fly tipping.

The second option for local authorities and landowners in City of Glasgow is to get a writ of possession.

When evicting according to the writ of possession in Glasgow, you should try to get an order of possession.

When dealing with squatters and travellers in Cadder, Baillieston, or Acre, the order of possession is served against "unknown person".

After the order of possession has been granted in Glasgow, the petitioner can request to transfer it to the High Court to let the order enforced by the Denbigh Franks High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

The main benefit of making use of a writ of possession in City of Glasgow and forwarding it to the High Court is that there is no need for a notice to be given, the Denbigh Franks HCEO undertakes that decision and he will determine if it is needed based on the situation.

It's advantageous when dealing with travellers in Glasgow as it takes away any opportunity to steal from the property or damage the property when resistance to the eviction is expected in City of Glasgow.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Strategies For Prevention In Glasgow

Avoiding this types of situations from happening at first is always preferring to deal with an eviction in Cadder, Baillieston, or Acre and the potential time and money involved and so there are several things that City of Glasgow property owners and local authorities can apply to prevent these occurrences from happening.

Illegal visitors can be stopped from gaining access to the lands in Glasgow by installing gates and fences to barricade the land and installing prominent bollards at entry points.

On top of this, trenches, earth bunds, and embankments, are as well good methods of securing an area of land in Glasgow from unauthorized visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Glasgow, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.