113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Gosport, Hampshire

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in Gosport where travellers can put up campsites.

The crisis of shortage of authorised site in Gosport has only lead to the rise of travellers setting up on unauthorised places in Bedenham, Alverstoke, or Camdentown including car parks and playing fields.

According to statistics from the government, from 2016 to 2017 there was a 17 percent increase in the number of travellers on unauthorized areas in Gosport that are not owned by travellers.

And socially rented plots in Hampshire had only increased by 2% between the years 2010 and 2017.

Options For Eviction Of Travellers In Gosport

Municipalities and landowners in Hampshire can evict and recover possession of their land in Bedenham, Camdentown, or Alverstoke in two ways.

The first option is to use the common law to evict them in Hampshire.

The common law gives Gosport landholders the legitimate right to eject travellers from their Hampshire property and can use reasonable force if any is needed.

Evictions under common law in Gosport are carried out by enforcement agents.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement agents must issue a 24-hour notice to vacate the location in Gosport to the passengers.

Assuming the travellers have not vacated the site in Bedenham, Camdentown, or Alverstoke within the specified period, Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will come back with equipment and possibly the police if need be, to evict any traveller still camping on the land.

There are numerous advantages of applying the common law in eviction in Hampshire.

The largest benefit is the speed at which the eviction in Gosport can be done.

The common law minimizes the risk of potential damage on the Gosport property since it is enforced within 24 hours, and this short time frame also limits the chances of fly tipping.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Hampshire is to get the writ of possession.

In this process, you'd have to get the order of possession in Gosport to evict the travellers under writ of possession.

The order of possession is filed against "unknown persons" when squatters and travellers in Alverstoke, Camdentown, or Bedenham are the subject.

Once the possession order has been issued in Gosport, the plaintiff can then transfer it to the High Court for enforcement by a High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks.

The main advantage of using a writ of possession and then moving it up to the Hampshire High Court is that a notice need not to be given, however, the Denbigh Franks enforcement officer from the High Court may decide whether to give notice or not.

This is especially important when handling travellers in Gosport because the lack of notice removes any risk of resistance to removal from the property, as well as damage or theft on the property in Hampshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Measures For Prevention In Gosport

It is advisable that you avoid scenarios like these for happening as a great amount of time as well as cash is squandered while ejecting a traveller in Bedenham, Alverstoke, or Camdentown, and there are various things that landowners and the local authority in Hampshire may do to prevent such situations from occurring.

Illegal visitors can be stopped from gaining access to the lands in Gosport by installing gates and fences to barricade the land and installing prominent bollards at entry points.

Embankments, earth bunds and trenches can also be used to secure the land in Gosport from unwanted visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Gosport, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.