113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Harrow In Greater London

Not only do we have a housing crisis in the UK, but also limited authorised locations in Harrow where travellers can put up campsites.

The limited number of approved sites has enhanced the number of visitors in Harrow staying in unlicensed settings in Belmont, Eastbury, or Burnt Oak like car parks and playing fields.

With the statistics made available by the government, it is evident that a 17% increase became rampant of Harrow travellers utilising unauthorised land.

But between 2010 and 2017, there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in Greater London.

Alternatives In Harrow For Evicting Travellers

Landlords and local government in Greater London have two alternatives when seeking to obtain the possession of land and evict travellers in Burnt Oak, Belmont, or Eastbury.

The first option is to use the common law for their eviction in Greater London.

Landlords in Harrow are in their right to evict travellers from their property in Greater London and are allowed to use appropriate force if needed.

Usually, the process of common law evictions in Harrow is carried out by the enforcement agents.

The tourists are normally served with an order to move out of premise in Harrow within a span of 24 hours by Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

At the expiration of the 24-hour ultimatum, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents have the right to make use of their equipment and the police to remove the travellers from the site in Burnt Oak, Eastbury, or Belmont.

To use common law eviction in Greater London has many benefits.

Out of all the benefits of using common law, the biggest one is that the process in Harrow gets speed up.

Usually, the eviction takes place within 24 hours, and thus, any damage to the property in Harrow is less than what it would have been in a longer period of time.

The second option is to Obtain a Write of Possession for local authorities and land owners in Greater London.

Under a writ of possession, the first step is to get an order of ownership in Harrow.

This can be served to an "unknown" when the possession order is for travellers or squatters in Burnt Oak, Belmont, or Eastbury.

Once the landowner in Harrow has received the order of possession, it is then transferred to the High Court where a Denbigh Franks enforcement officer from the High Court will implement it.

The main advantage of using a possessions writ and transferring to High Court the order in Greater London is that notice is not necessarily given, as the Denbigh Franks HCEO will decide it depending on the situation, that either to give the notice or not.

This benefit is more pronounced with dealing with Harrow travellers since it doesn't give them enough time to spring surprises or vandalize your property and it also comes in handy if you expect some degree of resistance in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Prevention Measures In Harrow

If you can prevent situations like this from happening, that is preferable than dealing with evictions in Burnt Oak, Eastbury, or Belmont, as doing such will not only take your time but it will cost you a lot as well, and you and the authorities in Greater London should consider these factors and prevent unwanted situations from happening.

Erecting fences and gates around the land and putting huge bollards at entrances are good ways of stopping unauthorized persons from accessing the property in Harrow.

Another great way to secure an area of land from travellers in Harrow is to put embankments, earth bunds and trenches.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Harrow, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.