113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Hillingdon In Greater London

Aside from crisis of housing around the UK, travellers have only a few certified sites in Hillingdon to depend on.

Therefore, a number of travellers in Hillingdon are using the unauthorized encampments in Denham Green, South Harefield, or Wood End Green like playing fields and car parks.

Government data indicates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unauthorized plots and land not owned by travellers in Hillingdon from 2016-2017.

While socially rented plots in Greater London only witnessed a 2% increase between the year 2010 and 2017.

Traveller Eviction Alternatives In Hillingdon

Property owners and local authorities in Greater London have 2 options when looking to repossess land and evict travellers in South Harefield, Wood End Green, or Denham Green.

The first option is to use the common law for their eviction in Greater London.

Under common law, landowners in Hillingdon are allowed to evict travellers from their Greater London land and use reasonable force if necessary.

Enforcement agents undertake evictions in Hillingdon under common law.

The travellers are usually given the 24 hours to vacate the site in Hillingdon by Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

In case after 24 hours, the travellers still haven't left the property in South Harefield, Wood End Green, or Denham Green, then the agents from Denbigh Franks will use tools and police, if needed, to evict travellers.

There are numerous advantages of applying the common law in eviction in Greater London.

The most significant benefit is the speed at which the removal in Hillingdon can be affected.

In a lot of instances eviction carried out under the common law can be carried out within one day, amplifying there is less time for possible damage to the land or property in Hillingdon and therefore reducing fly tipping chances.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Greater London is to get the writ of possession.

Foremost, while removing a tourist using ownership writ in Hillingdon, you may be required to get a possession notice.

The possession order is made against unknown persons while dealing with travellers and squatters in Wood End Green, South Harefield, or Denham Green.

After the order of possession has been granted in Hillingdon, the petitioner can request to transfer it to the High Court to let the order enforced by the Denbigh Franks High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

One of the biggest benefits you can enjoy from transferring a writ of possession in Greater London to the High Court is that giving a notice is not mandatory and that decision is left to the Denbigh Franks HCEO exclusively.

It's advantageous when dealing with travellers in Hillingdon as it takes away any opportunity to steal from the property or damage the property when resistance to the eviction is expected in Greater London.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Measures For Prevention In Hillingdon

If you can prevent situations like this from happening, that is preferable than dealing with evictions in South Harefield, Denham Green, or Wood End Green, as doing such will not only take your time but it will cost you a lot as well, and you and the authorities in Greater London should consider these factors and prevent unwanted situations from happening.

Fences or gates can be constructed around the property in Hillingdon along with signs that clearly state "No Trespassing" as this will prevent the travellers from trespassing.

Another great way to secure an area of land from travellers in Hillingdon is to put embankments, earth bunds and trenches.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Hillingdon, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.