113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

Amongst the housing crisis of the United Kingdom, travellers must face a shortage of authorized housing sites in Huddersfield for having stay.

The limited number of approved sites has enhanced the number of visitors in Huddersfield staying in unlicensed settings in Brighouse, Huddersfield, or Holmfirth like car parks and playing fields.

With the statistics made available by the government, it is evident that a 17% increase became rampant of Huddersfield travellers utilising unauthorised land.

And the number of socially rented plots in West Yorkshire has dramatically reduced from 2010 to 2017.

Options For Eviction Of Travellers In Huddersfield

As a landowner in West Yorkshire, you can choose from two options to repossess your land and evict travellers in Holmfirth, Huddersfield, or Brighouse.

Using common law to evict travellers in West Yorkshire is the first option.

It implies that landowners in Huddersfield reserve the right to remove travellers from their lands in West Yorkshire, and using some reasonable force if need be.

Enforcement agents typically perform evictions in Huddersfield using common law.

The enforcement agents from Denbigh Franks will serve 24hrs notice to the travellers to vacate the site in Huddersfield.

If they refuse to vacate the property in Huddersfield, Brighouse, or Holmfirth after 24 hours, then the Denbigh Franks agent will return with their equipment and possibly with police if required, to evict the travellers that refuse to move out.

The use of common law has many benefits in West Yorkshire.

The benefits of eviction of travellers in Huddersfield using common law include the speed of the operation.

Eviction within 24 hours is seen in many cases under this law that ultimately reduce the chances of fly-tipping and it also means that the site in Huddersfield will be less damaged.

The other choice for local authorities and landowners in West Yorkshire is to get a writ of possession.

The first step when evicting under writ of possession in Huddersfield is obtaining an order of possession.

The order of possession is made against the "persons unknown" while dealing with travellers or intruders in Brighouse, Huddersfield, or Holmfirth.

Once the landowner gets the order of possession in Huddersfield he can then be able to get the enforcement by High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO) from Denbigh Franks by transferring the order to High Court.

When moving a writ of possessions to the High Court in West Yorkshire, it is advantageous that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can plan on if notice will have to be served or not.

This is especially important when handling travellers in Huddersfield because the lack of notice removes any risk of resistance to removal from the property, as well as damage or theft on the property in West Yorkshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Huddersfield Long Term Measures For Prevention

Avoiding these situations is always desirable to handle an eviction in Holmfirth, Brighouse, or Huddersfield and the time and cost involved, so, in order to prevent it, there are many actions that can be taken by local authorities and landowners in West Yorkshire.

Building gates and fences around the land and erecting a big billboard at the property entries are excellent measures to avoiding the entry of illegal or unapproved persons in your property in Huddersfield.

Another great way of securing an area of land in Huddersfield from unauthorized persons is to use embankments, trenches, and earth bunds.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Huddersfield, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.