113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Hull In East Riding of Yorkshire

Housing issues in the UK are not hidden from us and along with other problems, authorised sites for the travellers in Hull is also the one.

The scarcity of legitimate sites in Hull has caused a dramatic growth in the number of travellers settling on illegal camps such as playing field and car parks in Hessle, Willerby, or Cottingham.

Government statistics from 2016-2017 show that there has been a 17% increase in the number of travellers in Hull on unauthorised plots and property not owned by travellers.

But between 2010 and 2017, there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Alternatives In Hull For Evicting Travellers

East Riding of Yorkshire landowners and local authorities have two ways to reclaim land ownership and expel visitors in Hessle, Willerby, or Cottingham.

Firstly, you can start eviction in East Riding of Yorkshire by use of common law.

Landlords in Hull are in their right to evict travellers from their property in East Riding of Yorkshire and are allowed to use appropriate force if needed.

Common law evictions in Hull are usually carried out by law enforcement officers.

Enforcement Agents from Denbigh Franks usually give a notice that allows the travellers 24 hours to leave the Hull property.

At the expiration of the 24-hour ultimatum, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents have the right to make use of their equipment and the police to remove the travellers from the site in Cottingham, Hessle, or Willerby.

Eviction by common law in East Riding of Yorkshire comes with certain benefits.

One of which is the speedy removal of the Hull traveller from the premises.

In most instances, the travellers are evicted within 24 hours, which as a result reduces chances of damage to the property in Hull and tackles fly-tipping.

Secondly, the local governments and landowners in East Riding of Yorkshire can opt to get a writ of possession.

When evicting according to the writ of possession in Hull, you should try to get an order of possession.

This order is often kept secret from the travellers in Hessle, Cottingham, or Willerby and made out to an unknown.

As soon as the order of possession is granted in Hull, it can be transferred up to the High Court by the petitioner where the Denbigh Franks HCEO (High Court Enforcement Officer) then enforces it.

The major benefit of utilising an ownership writ and later transferring it to East Riding of Yorkshire High Court includes an order being considered unnecessary, but, Denbigh Franks High Court enforcement personnel may choose if to serve an order or not depending on the existing circumstances.

Another advantage of using this course of action is that it catches Hull travellers by surprise, thus reducing the likelihood of them resisting, or trying to damage the property as an act of protest in East Riding of Yorkshire.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Hull

It is recommended to prevent such kinds of scenarios from occurring since a lot of time and money is wasted when evicting a traveller from your land in Willerby, Hessle, or Cottingham, and there are several things that the local authorities and landowners in East Riding of Yorkshire can do to avoid such circumstances from happening.

These include erecting fences and gates on your piece of land in Hull, putting bollards on your property entrance is among the best ways of preventing access to your land by unauthorised persons.

In addition, trenches, earth bunds and embankments can also help in preventing unwanted visitors from entering your land in Hull.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Hull, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.