113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Eviction Of Travellers In Kent's Kent

Housing issues in the UK are not hidden from us and along with other problems, authorised sites for the travellers in Kent is also the one.

The limited number of accredited sites in Kent has resulted in an exponential rise in the population of travellers camping on illegal grounds such as playing fields and car parks in Gillingham, Chatham, or Maidstone.

Government data indicates that there has been a 17% increase in the number of caravans on unauthorized plots and land not owned by travellers in Kent from 2016-2017.

And the number of socially rented plots in Kent has dramatically reduced from 2010 to 2017.

Travellers Eviction Options In Kent

There exist two options for property owners and local authority in Kent in case they want to eject tourists and regain their land ownership in Maidstone, Gillingham, or Chatham.

The first option is to evict them in Kent using the law.

The common law gives Kent landholders the legitimate right to eject travellers from their Kent property and can use reasonable force if any is needed.

Enforcement agents typically perform evictions in Kent using common law.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will send a notice to the travellers in which they have 24 hours to abandon the site in Kent.

If they refuse to vacate the property in Gillingham, Maidstone, or Chatham after 24 hours, then the Denbigh Franks agent will return with their equipment and possibly with police if required, to evict the travellers that refuse to move out.

Common law eviction has several advantages in Kent.

Out of all the benefits of using common law, the biggest one is that the process in Kent gets speed up.

The best thing about common law is that it enables you to remove the travellers within 24 hours which protects your Kent property from all types of damages by allowing you to evict the travellers within 24 hours, and it also reduces the opportunity for fly tipping.

Another option for both local authorities and landowners in Kent is to get the writ of possession.

In this case, the first thing to do is to get an order of possession in Kent.

Order of possession is made out to persons unknown against the travellers or squatters in Gillingham, Maidstone, or Chatham.

When the order of possession has been awarded in Kent, then the applicant may transfer it to the High Court and then be executed by a Denbigh Franks High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

When moving a writ of possessions to the High Court in Kent, it is advantageous that the HCEO from Denbigh Franks can plan on if notice will have to be served or not.

To use the second option while dealing with Kent travellers is quite beneficial as chances of damage to property or steal from the property are much reduced due to the surprise factor which reduces the chances of resistance to the expected eviction in Kent.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Measures For Prevention In Kent

Avoiding this types of situations from happening at first is always preferring to deal with an eviction in Chatham, Maidstone, or Gillingham and the potential time and money involved and so there are several things that Kent property owners and local authorities can apply to prevent these occurrences from happening.

Building gates and fences around the land and erecting a big billboard at the property entries are excellent measures to avoiding the entry of illegal or unapproved persons in your property in Kent.

In addition to these, trenches and earth bunds are effective ways of deterring illegal persons from gaining access to your Kent land.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Kent, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.