113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Evicting Travellers In Liverpool, Merseyside

Amongst the housing crisis of the United Kingdom, travellers must face a shortage of authorized housing sites in Liverpool for having stay.

This shortage of authorized sites in Liverpool has resulted into an increase in the amount of travellers setting up on unauthorized encampments in Prescot, Kirkby, or Liverpool in the likes of car parks as well as playing fields.

Government statistics from 2016-2017 show that there has been a 17% increase in the number of travellers in Liverpool on unauthorised plots and property not owned by travellers.

On the other hand there was only a 2% rise in socially rented plots in Merseyside between 2010 to 2017.

Options In Liverpool When Evicting Travellers

Local authorities and landlords in Merseyside who want to take possession of their property and remove travellers have two available options in Liverpool, Prescot, or Kirkby.

The first option to take to remove them in Merseyside is using common law.

When using common law, the landowner in Liverpool has the right to start the eviction process in Merseyside and reasonable force can be applied where necessary.

Enforcement agencies often execute removal under common law in Liverpool.

The Denbigh Franks enforcement officers will serve a notice that gives the travellers 1 day to leave the Liverpool site.

If the site in Liverpool, Kirkby, or Prescot is not vacated after the 24-hour period, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will return to remove any remaining travellers with the equipment, and possibly police if necessary.

The common rule on eviction in Merseyside comes with a number of benefits.

The benefits of eviction of travellers in Liverpool using common law include the speed of the operation.

In most cases, an eviction using common law can be done in 24 hours, which means they have little or no time to cause damages to the property or land in Liverpool and the risk of fly-tipping is reduced.

Another choice is land owners and local authorities in Merseyside obtaining a writ of possession.

To get an 'order of possession' is the first step towards eviction in Liverpool under possession writ.

The possession order is made against unknown persons while dealing with travellers and squatters in Kirkby, Prescot, or Liverpool.

When the order of ownership has been granted in Liverpool, you can go on and forward it to the High Court, which is then imposed by the (HCEO) High Court Enforcement Officer of Denbigh Franks.

The main advantage of using a possessions writ and transferring to High Court the order in Merseyside is that notice is not necessarily given, as the Denbigh Franks HCEO will decide it depending on the situation, that either to give the notice or not.

This is especially important when handling travellers in Liverpool because the lack of notice removes any risk of resistance to removal from the property, as well as damage or theft on the property in Merseyside.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Liverpool

Preventing such situations from occurring in the first place is always preferable to dealing with an eviction in Liverpool, Kirkby, or Prescot, and the potential time and money involved, so there are several things that Merseyside landowners and local authorities can do to prevent these situations from occurring.

One thing that can be done is to put fences or more one can have large billboards installed at the entrances, and both are great ways of stopping any unauthorised person from entering the premises in Liverpool.

Moreover, embankments, earth bunds, and trenches are a great way of keeping the security of land in Liverpool from uninvited visitors.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Liverpool, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.