113 Sycamore Field 0800 246 1381

Traveller Eviction In Manchester, Greater Manchester

Within the UK's housing crisis, there's also a lack of approved places in Manchester for travellers to settle in.

This shortage of authorized sites in Manchester has resulted into an increase in the amount of travellers setting up on unauthorized encampments in Atherton, Sale, or Manchester in the likes of car parks as well as playing fields.

According to some government statistics, between 2016 and 2017, there was 17% increase in the number of caravans set up by travellers in Manchester on unauthorized plots of lands across the country.

In contrast, between 2010 and 2017, there was just a 2% increase in lands in Greater Manchester rented socially.

Options For Travellers Removal In Manchester

Landlords and local government in Greater Manchester have two alternatives when seeking to obtain the possession of land and evict travellers in Atherton, Sale, or Manchester.

The first option is to use common law in Greater Manchester to evict them.

The common law allows landowners in Manchester to evict travellers from their Greater Manchester property and can use reasonable force if necessary.

Agents of enforcement will usually conduct common law evictions in Manchester.

The travellers are usually given the 24 hours to vacate the site in Manchester by Denbigh Franks enforcement agents.

If a traveller fails to leave the site in Sale, Manchester, or Atherton after 24 hours, the Denbigh Franks enforcement agents will come back with their equipment and probably with police if need be to forcefully evict any traveller still present.

The use of common law eviction in Greater Manchester comes with many benefits.

The speed of eviction in Manchester is the most important advantage here.

With a common law eviction, travellers can be removed from the property in Manchester in a period of 24 hours which results in less destruction of property and fly-tipping.

The other option for Greater Manchester local authorities and landowners is to obtain a writ of possession.

Under a writ of possession, the first eviction step in Manchester is to obtain a possession order.

The order of possession is filed against "unknown persons" when squatters and travellers in Manchester, Atherton, or Sale are the subject.

As soon as you have been awarded the possession order in Manchester, you are required to present it to the High Court so that the order can be carried out by Denbigh Franks's High Court Enforcement Officer (HCEO).

To transfer the order to High Court in Greater Manchester has a major benefit that you don't have to serve the notice however, HCEO from Denbigh Franks will decide by analysing the current scenario.

When having to deal with Manchester travellers, this can be crucial as the surprise will remove opportunity to steal from the premise, vandalise property or this can combat expected resistance in Greater Manchester.

Experience our BESPOKE services with YOUR free 30-minute consultation!

Long Term Preventative Measures In Manchester

It is advisable that you avoid scenarios like these for happening as a great amount of time as well as cash is squandered while ejecting a traveller in Sale, Manchester, or Atherton, and there are various things that landowners and the local authority in Greater Manchester may do to prevent such situations from occurring.

These include erecting fences and gates on your piece of land in Manchester, putting bollards on your property entrance is among the best ways of preventing access to your land by unauthorised persons.

On top of that, embankments, earth bunds and trenches are also great methods of protecting a site in Manchester from unauthorised individuals.

Traveller Eviction FAQs

Denbigh Franks Eviction Services

Based in Manchester, working nationwide

Get a FREE Quote

Find Out More

If you would like to find out more about the bespoke security services we provide here at Denbigh Franks, please do not hesitate to get in touch today. We look forward to answering any questions you may have.